Geoffrey can't sing

RichD

Sep 11, 2021, 7:35:09 PMSep 11
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
What did giraffes gain, by losing their voice?

--
Rich

erik simpson

Sep 11, 2021, 7:45:09 PMSep 11
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Hard to say, never having heard what giraffes might sound like. It could be that the winners
are other animals. Some humans sing that never should.

RichD

Sep 11, 2021, 8:20:09 PMSep 11
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0UNanZ07kc

--
Rich

jillery

Sep 11, 2021, 9:10:09 PMSep 11
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:30:27 -0700 (PDT), RichD
<r_dela...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What did giraffes gain, by losing their voice?

Sexy, head-banging necks.

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.

Bob Casanova

Sep 11, 2021, 9:30:09 PMSep 11
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:41:41 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by erik simpson
<eastsi...@gmail.com>:

>On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4:35:09 PM UTC-7, RichD wrote:
>> What did giraffes gain, by losing their voice?
>
>Hard to say, never having heard what giraffes might sound like. It could be that the winners
>are other animals. Some humans sing that never should.

My wife would strongly endorse that... ;-)

--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

jillery

Sep 11, 2021, 9:40:11 PMSep 11
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Your last comment instantly reminded me of Mke Tyson. But then, some
people say he's not human.

Robert Carnegie

Sep 12, 2021, 11:35:09 AMSep 12
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 00:35:09 UTC+1, RichD wrote:
> What did giraffes gain, by losing their voice?

They're not voiceless, actually.

jillery

Sep 12, 2021, 12:00:09 PMSep 12
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
They can't vote and have no representation. So by some definitions,
they're voiceless.

OTOH here's a video recording of giraffe's humming:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aqIbCMY1k0>

Perhaps they're humming because they forgot the words.

Glenn

Sep 12, 2021, 4:00:09 PMSep 12
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4:35:09 PM UTC-7, RichD wrote:
> What did giraffes gain, by losing their voice?

They didn't. They just prefer to keep what they say to themselves. Stiff necks, you see. But it seems it gains them nothing.