What a Fucked Up Country

Martin Harran

May 26, 2022, 1:06:06 AMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
One where the lives of young children are less important than a
constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.

jillery

May 26, 2022, 3:46:07 AMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Your country's Constitution isn't that old, troll.

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.

broger...@gmail.com

May 26, 2022, 7:56:08 AMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 1:06:06 AM UTC-4, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
It is a mess. The best way to insure access to abortion in Texas may be to smuggle abortion inducing drugs in bullet cartridges; everyone in power there will be too afraid of the NRA to search them.

Öö Tiib

May 26, 2022, 10:26:08 AMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Texas has its clear rules: marriage (may be same sex) with parental consent
from age 14 without parental consent from age 18 , sexual consent from age
17, abortion illegal, prostitution illegal, usage of automatic firearms and
tobacco legal from age 18, usage of alcoholic beverages legal from age 21,
recreational usage of marijuana illegal. Nothing overly odd there.

Mark Isaak

May 26, 2022, 11:16:07 AMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I find it interesting that the cries of "right to life" are so prominent
in a the state which, based on gun laws and death penalty
implementation, is easily the most pro-death state in the country.

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) curioustaxonomy (dot) net
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred

Glenn

May 26, 2022, 11:56:07 AMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:16:07 AM UTC-7, Mark Isaak wrote:
> On 5/26/22 4:54 AM, broger...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 1:06:06 AM UTC-4, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
> >> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
>
> > It is a mess. The best way to insure access to abortion in Texas may be to smuggle abortion inducing drugs in bullet cartridges; everyone in power there will be too afraid of the NRA to search them.
> I find it interesting that the cries of "right to life" are so prominent
> in a the state which, based on gun laws and death penalty
> implementation, is easily the most pro-death state in the country.

Why do you find it interesting, an "a the state"?

"Texas Right to Life legally, peacefully and prayerfully protects the God-given Right to Life of innocent human beings from fertilization to natural death."

https://texasrighttolife.com/

Doesn't sound like they are pro-death to me.

Hopefully you will stay where you are and not move to Texas.

Glenn

May 26, 2022, 12:06:07 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The marriage consent age is 16, not 14, you have to be 21 to purchase tobacco products (unless in the military), and automatic weapons are not legal from age 18, or because of any age after 18.

"Texas gun control laws are among the least restrictive in the U.S. While machine guns, saw-off shotguns, silencers, armor-piercing bullets, zip guns, and explosive weapons are in most cases prohibited by state law, Texas does not have a waiting period for gun purchases. Additionally, Texas allows all qualified applicants to carry a concealed firearm with a permit."

https://www.findlaw.com/state/texas-law/texas-gun-control-laws.html

Kalkidas

May 26, 2022, 1:11:07 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 5/25/2022 10:02 PM, Martin Harran wrote:
> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.

Or a Supreme Court decision written in 1973.

jillery

May 26, 2022, 1:21:07 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 26 May 2022 06:02:25 +0100, Martin Harran
<martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Stop posting and/or supporting off-topic trolls

*Hemidactylus*

May 26, 2022, 10:51:08 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2022 06:02:25 +0100, Martin Harran
> <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
>> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
>

> Stop posting and/or supporting off-topic trolls

I’m failing to see where Martin was wrong. The US is a very fucked up
country and may get much worse after the midterms. We’re locked into a
death spiral circling the drain at this point.

*Hemidactylus*

May 26, 2022, 10:56:08 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2022 06:02:25 +0100, Martin Harran
> <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
>> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
>

> Your country's Constitution isn't that old, troll.

Which means?

*Hemidactylus*

May 26, 2022, 11:01:08 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Mark Isaak <eci...@curioustaxonomyNOSPAM.net> wrote:
> On 5/26/22 4:54 AM, broger...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 1:06:06 AM UTC-4, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
>>> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
>
>> It is a mess. The best way to insure access to abortion in Texas may be
>> to smuggle abortion inducing drugs in bullet cartridges; everyone in
>> power there will be too afraid of the NRA to search them.
>
> I find it interesting that the cries of "right to life" are so prominent
> in a the state which, based on gun laws and death penalty
> implementation, is easily the most pro-death state in the country.

That we are a fucked up country has way too much to do with that hellhole
called Texas. Bulldoze the Alamo.

jillery

May 26, 2022, 11:31:08 PMMay 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I'm failing to see where the OP specified any country at all,
nevermind the US specifically.

I'm failing to see why Carnegie didn't ask how the OP is "relevant in
talk.origins , the evolution group".

I'm failing to see why Casanova didn't declare the OP is
"inappropriate".

I'm failing to see why you're failing to see the OP is a blatant
off-topic troll.

Bob Casanova

May 27, 2022, 12:41:08 AMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 26 May 2022 23:29:31 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

<snip>

>I'm failing to see why Casanova didn't declare the OP is
>"inappropriate".

I'm failing to see why you dragged my name into a thread I
never participated in, but that sort of garbage is part of
why I've given up on most threads in t.o., this one
included.

--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

jillery

May 27, 2022, 3:16:09 AMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 26 May 2022 21:37:24 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>I'm failing to see why you dragged my name into a thread I
>never participated in, but that sort of garbage is part of
>why I've given up on most threads in t.o., this one
>included.

To accommodate your convenient myopia:
*********************************
Subject: Re: How Do You Solve a Problem Like the U.S. Postal Service?
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:00:21 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:36:07 -0800 (PST), the following
>appeared in talk.origins, posted by Matt Beasley
><less...@gmail.com>:
>
>>How Do You Solve a Problem Like the U.S. Postal Service?
>>
>Not by posting in inappropriate groups.
>
>Just curious...do you even know what "on-topic" means?
*************************************

You're welcome.

May 27, 2022, 4:26:08 AMMay 27
Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:16:07 AM UTC-7, Mark Isaak wrote:
>>
>> > It is a mess. The best way to insure access to abortion in Texas may be
>> > to smuggle abortion inducing drugs in bullet cartridges; everyone in
>> > power there will be too afraid of the NRA to search them.
>> I find it interesting that the cries of "right to life" are so prominent in
>> a the state which, based on gun laws and death penalty implementation, is
>> easily the most pro-death state in the country.
>>
> Why do you find it interesting, an "a the state"?
>
> "Texas Right to Life legally, peacefully and prayerfully protects the

prayerfully ?!

> God-given Right to Life of innocent human beings from fertilization to
> natural death."
>
> https://texasrighttolife.com/
>
> Doesn't sound like they are pro-death to me.
>
> Hopefully you will stay where you are and not move to Texas.

*Hemidactylus*

May 27, 2022, 6:31:09 AMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2022 21:48:05 -0500, *Hemidactylus*
> <ecph...@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>
>> jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Stop posting and/or supporting off-topic trolls
>>>
>> I’m failing to see where Martin was wrong. The US is a very fucked up
>> country and may get much worse after the midterms. We’re locked into a
>> death spiral circling the drain at this point.
>

> I'm failing to see where the OP specified any country at all,
> nevermind the US specifically.
>
> I'm failing to see why Carnegie didn't ask how the OP is "relevant in
> talk.origins , the evolution group".
>
> I'm failing to see why Casanova didn't declare the OP is
> "inappropriate".
>
> I'm failing to see why you're failing to see the OP is a blatant
> off-topic troll.

From the outset it was clear which dysfunctional country Martin was talking
about. I think you’re letting some reflexive dislike of Martin cloud your
judgment.

jillery

May 27, 2022, 8:46:09 AMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 05:28:24 -0500, *Hemidactylus*
I think you're letting your favoritism of Harran and your reflexive
dislike of me clould your judgment. If some unknown had posted the
OP, it's almost certain you and others would have flagged it as
off-topic to T.O. That you think the OP is "clear" and "correct"
doesn't inform whether its off topic. That you made these comments
shows your failure to address the issue and your tendency to judge not
by what is posted but who posted it.

Nando Ronteltap

May 27, 2022, 9:46:09 AMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
It is because of an increase in mental illness, which is caused by academics turning people into fact obsessed morons, who are clueless about dealing with what is subjective.

The general school feeling, or spirit, is not good anymore, the education system is rotten. Many religious are turning away from the schools to homeschool, or send their children to another country for school.

The first thing to know is, what spirit is, what an emotion is. But academics rejects all what is subjective, in rejecting creationism. It is a catastrophy, it can only turn out very, very bad.

There is understanding about what emotions are, inherent in common discourse. But that is not sufficient understanding to deal with more sophisticated issues like school spirit, or mental illness.

I came across 2 youth counselors on facebook, who don't believe in free will. That is never going to work, that is corruption. Those sort of youth counselors are most probably pedophiles looking to engage in a sexual relationship with the young. You cannot have a sold morality without dealing with making choices, it is impossible. So then, no solid morality, together with private contact with hormone filled youth, that can only turn out to improper sexual relationships.

The ultra-darwinist Dennett, who is very popular, redefines free will as like a chesscomputer calculating a move, in a forced way. Thereby destroying all understanding of making choices.

It is certainly not only evolution theory that is important knowledge. Actually I would say evolution theory is generally useless unimportant knowledge. Knowledge about making choices on the other hand, is extremely important. And understanding of emotions, and personal character, is linked to understanding of making choices. Academics is destroying that knowledge, which is in turn destroying people and society.

It is very obvious what causes the increase in mental illness, inlcuding the rise in lbgtq, it is academics throwing out basic understanding of subjectivity, in throwing out creationism.

So if there were some general understanding of subjectivity in a school, a straightforward acceptance of the subjective part of reality, and some attention paid to school spirit, then these school shootings would generally not happen.

Also if you take away people's guns, then the school shootings would cease. But Australia, Germany, Canada, and Austria have recently shown with the covid pandemic, that the government can easily turn fascistic. As was also shown in the USA, by rigging elections, and imprisoning protestors against the rigged elections, without a trial. Freely available guns are neccessary to keep governments in check.

Bob Casanova

May 27, 2022, 12:06:10 PMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 03:14:07 -0400, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:

>On Thu, 26 May 2022 21:37:24 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
>wrote:
>

>>I'm failing to see why you dragged my name into a thread I
>>never participated in, but that sort of garbage is part of
>>why I've given up on most threads in t.o., this one
>>included.
>

>To accommodate your convenient myopia:
>*********************************
>Subject: Re: How Do You Solve a Problem Like the U.S. Postal Service?
>On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:00:21 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:36:07 -0800 (PST), the following
>>appeared in talk.origins, posted by Matt Beasley
>><less...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>>How Do You Solve a Problem Like the U.S. Postal Service?
>>>
>>Not by posting in inappropriate groups.
>>
>>Just curious...do you even know what "on-topic" means?
>*************************************

Aha, so it was a comment from 4 months ago in a completely
different thread, and it got your panties in a twist, so you
carefully preserved it against future "need". Got it.

See previous comment re: garbage.

>You're welcome.

You're not thanked; have the sort of day you seem to prefer.

*Hemidactylus*

May 27, 2022, 12:31:09 PMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Martin and I have had multiple run-ins over the years so it can’t be
favoritism toward him at play. You tend to see collusions against you that
don’t exist.

jillery

May 27, 2022, 10:11:10 PMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 09:03:45 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
You continue to rely on willfully stupid allusions and trivially
disproved lies in order to rationalize your irrational hostility, and
to avoid admitting what you previously denied. Not sure how your
pounding on the table helps your credibility.

jillery

May 27, 2022, 10:11:10 PMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 11:28:54 -0500, *Hemidactylus*
That you mindlessly defend his off-topic post demonstrates your
favoritism. That you evade the issue with irrelevant accusations
against me demonstrates your reflexive hostility. Your own comments
disprove your own claims.

*Hemidactylus*

May 27, 2022, 10:51:10 PMMay 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
What table?

Bob Casanova

May 28, 2022, 1:36:11 AMMay 28
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 22:08:31 -0400, the following appeared
>You continue...

That's over.

jillery

May 28, 2022, 3:16:10 AMMay 28
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 22:32:40 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>>You continue...
>>
>That's over.

So you ape JTEM as well. No surprise there.

jillery

May 28, 2022, 3:21:11 AMMay 28
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 27 May 2022 21:48:57 -0500, *Hemidactylus*
<ecph...@allspamis.invalid> wrote:

>What table?

To quote someone you regard so highly "Which means?"

jillery

May 28, 2022, 2:56:11 PMMay 28
<martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>One where the lives of young children are less important than a
>constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.

The following is one way to turn a willfully stupid off-topic troll
into:

1. a reasonable and coherent but still off-topic commentary about a
contemporaneous national issue, and

2. a reasonably on-topic example of how one person decided to fight
back against pseudoskeptics, trolls, and lying cowards.

<https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock/act-one-12>
**************************************
Producer Miki Meek picks up the story of Lenny Pozner, whose son,
Noah, was killed at Sandy Hook. In the years after Noah's death, Lenny
and his family were harassed by people who believed the shooting at
Sandy Hook never happened – that it was all a conspiracy. Until one
day, Lenny decided to fight back. (24 minutes)

Some people might think the massacre at Sandy Hook happened too long
ago to be relevant today. How Lenny Pozner affirmatively defends
himself and the memory of his children continues to this day. His
example is an affirmative counterpoint to those who enable and defend
willfully stupid trolls.

Matt Beasley

Jun 24, 2022, 7:45:19 PMJun 24
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
martin... wrote:
> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
-------------------
Why did the biologists call for Zero Population Growth 50 years ago?
We doubled from 4 to 8 billion since then! That means at least double
the number of nutcases, and probably a lot more! You can't do whatever
you want and get away with it! That's how drunks and crackheads think!

Glenn

Jun 26, 2022, 11:45:21 AMJun 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 10:06:06 PM UTC-7, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.

"Pope Francis previously compared the act of abortion to "hiring a hit man" but has steered the Catholic Church to see pro-life as a larger issue than just abortion."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/vatican-supreme-court-abortion-pro-life-means-other-issues

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Martin Harran

Jun 28, 2022, 5:20:23 AMJun 28
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 08:43:00 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:
Just for once, why don't you tell us what you mean to say.

Glenn

Jun 29, 2022, 3:25:24 AMJun 29
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No one ever says what they mean to say, atheist.

Martin Harran

Jun 29, 2022, 8:05:24 AMJun 29
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:21:42 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 2:20:23 AM UTC-7, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 08:43:00 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >"Pope Francis previously compared the act of abortion to "hiring a hit man" but has steered the Catholic Church to see pro-life as a larger issue than just abortion."
>> >
>> >https://www.foxnews.com/world/vatican-supreme-court-abortion-pro-life-means-other-issues
>> >
>> >Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
>> Just for once, why don't you tell us what you mean to say.
>
>No one ever says what they mean to say, atheist.

When other people (at least most people) post a link, they explain why
they are posting it and/or what the relevance is. You post links with
some cryptic comment that gives no insight into why you are posting
it; then you criticise people for misinterpreting what you said. Beats
me why you get off on that; I can only guess that you figure you are
making other people look stupid and that somehow makes you look smart.

Glenn

Jun 29, 2022, 4:35:24 PMJun 29
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
You're a typical atheist evolutionist, all right. Cryptic comment indeed. Look at your original post and title. And you weren't seen in the thread for three days, till you posted to me "Just for once, why don't you tell us what you mean to say." Seems all participating posters replying to your OP regarded your cryptic comment and title as having to do with abortion and right to life.
So you still haven't identify why you posted "what a fucked up country" meant to you, and what specifically kicked you off into a frenzy. Showing that the the Catholic Church and the Pope is and has been very pro-life, with respect to your claims of being a Christian, or a Catholic, should be sufficient to understand why I told you to say what you mean and mean what you say. Instead I get insults, lies and conjecture. Wink wink.

jillery

Jun 30, 2022, 1:35:25 AMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 13:31:10 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 5:05:24 AM UTC-7, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:21:42 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
>> wrote:

>> >No one ever says what they mean to say, atheist.
>> When other people (at least most people) post a link, they explain why
>> they are posting it and/or what the relevance is. You post links with
>> some cryptic comment that gives no insight into why you are posting
>> it; then you criticise people for misinterpreting what you said. Beats
>> me why you get off on that; I can only guess that you figure you are
>> making other people look stupid and that somehow makes you look smart.
>
>You're a typical atheist evolutionist, all right. Cryptic comment indeed. Look at your original post and title. And you weren't seen in the thread for three days, till you posted to me "Just for once, why don't you tell us what you mean to say." Seems all participating posters replying to your OP regarded your cryptic comment and title as having to do with abortion and right to life.

I didn't. My impression is others didn't either. OTOH others noted,
and I acknowledge, the irony that so many *states* which recently
criminalized abortion, also have the most permissive gun laws.

What "constitutional clause written over 200 years ago" do you think
Harran is referring to in his OP? I know of no clause in any national
constitution which even alludes to abortion.

>So you still haven't identify why you posted "what a fucked up country" meant to you, and what specifically kicked you off into a frenzy. Showing that the the Catholic Church and the Pope is and has been very pro-life, with respect to your claims of being a Christian, or a Catholic, should be sufficient to understand why I told you to say what you mean and mean what you say. Instead I get insults, lies and conjecture. Wink wink.

Martin Harran

Jun 30, 2022, 5:20:25 AMJun 30
wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 5:05:24 AM UTC-7, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:21:42 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
>> wrote:

>> >No one ever says what they mean to say, atheist.
>> When other people (at least most people) post a link, they explain why
>> they are posting it and/or what the relevance is. You post links with
>> some cryptic comment that gives no insight into why you are posting
>> it; then you criticise people for misinterpreting what you said. Beats
>> me why you get off on that; I can only guess that you figure you are
>> making other people look stupid and that somehow makes you look smart.
>
>You're a typical atheist evolutionist, all right. Cryptic comment indeed. Look at your original post and title. And you weren't seen in the thread for three days, till you posted to me "Just for once, why don't you tell us what you mean to say." Seems all participating posters replying to your OP regarded your cryptic comment and title as having to do with abortion and right to life.

Let's see you identify even one poster who thought that.

broger...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 7:10:25 AMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Not me. I thought you were talking about the shooting of schoolkids in Uvalde, Texas, especially since your post came immediately after that event, and that you were talking about the absurd number of guns floating around the US as a result of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Second Amendment as unaffected by its opening clause, "A well-regulated militia being necessary....."

The only positive thing about the overturning of Roe v Wade is that it establishes the precedent for disregarding long-established precedents, and therefore puts at risk the (incorrectly decided) precedent that the Second Amendment protects unregulated individual gun ownership for self-defense.

Martin Harran

Jun 30, 2022, 10:00:25 AMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
I think it was pretty obvious except to those with their own
preoccupations.

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 10:35:25 AMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Yep, you're an atheist evolutionist, all right.

"I find it interesting that the cries of "right to life" are so prominent
in a the state which, based on gun laws and death penalty
implementation, is easily the most pro-death state in the country."

Martin Harran

Jun 30, 2022, 12:25:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:33:21 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
You seriously think that means that Mark thought my OP was about
abortion? You mental state is even worse than I thought it was.

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 12:40:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Well this goes to show that you're not always cryptic. There's always dishonesty. This seems to be a somewhat endearing special behavior, in the face of hard evidence, you
apparently decide to believe what Bill just said, and make what he originally said into
rabbit stew.

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 1:05:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 10:06:06 PM UTC-7, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.

On this day,

"June 25 (Reuters) - Anti-abortion activists should be concerned with other issues that can threaten life, such as easy access to guns, poverty and rising maternity mortality rates, the Vatican's editorial director said on Saturday.

In a media editorial on the United States Supreme Court's ruling to end the constitutional right to abortion, Andrea Tornielli said those who oppose abortion could not pick and choose pro-life issues. "

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/pro-life-is-not-just-opposing-abortion-vatican-says-after-us-ruling-2022-06-25/

"The Fifth Amendment says to the federal government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law." The Fourteenth Amendment, ratified in 1868, uses the same eleven words, called the Due Process Clause, to describe a legal obligation of all states."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/due_process

Written into the Constitution over 200 years ago, some say includes *all* life. You may disagree, but it is not still clear what you mean. I suspect when you heard about the Texas school shooting, you used that as an excuse to legitimize your own internal belief in and support of abortion. It was in fact the bigger story by far. Pro-choice people in my view belong to the same group of crazies that have led this country to make and feed such people as the shooter in Texas. Gun laws won't change him and those like him. And these same pro-choice people are increasingly advocating and inciting violence. So I agree that the US is "fucked up". Just like you are.

jillery

Jun 30, 2022, 1:10:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:38:24 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
So which "constitutional clause" do you think Harran and Rogers are
cryptic about?

jillery

Jun 30, 2022, 1:10:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:55:39 +0100, Martin Harran
<martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think it was pretty obvious except to those with their own
>preoccupations.

Relying on the obvious is a poor excuse for careless writing.

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 1:25:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
You didn't participate. That requires something other than claiming a post is off-topic,
or trying to his Casanova with a stick. You can claim your impression was anything at all, in disagreeing with my observation.

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 1:30:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No need to think, Martin's OP was clearly cryptic. And Rogers said nothing about a constitutional clause in his first post. His second post was colored by these recent posts.

So why are you trying to make it appear that Rogers first post, and only post before the post I made claiming that everyone though the OP was about abortion, spoke to Martin's
"clause"? Sounds just like more rabbit stew stirring.

Martin Harran

Jun 30, 2022, 1:35:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:38:24 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
You keep calling for others to be honest. Just for once, why don't you
be honest yourself and admit that you, and you alone, misread the
point of my OP, instead of trying to make out that others made the
same mistake when they clearly didn't.

Martin Harran

Jun 30, 2022, 1:35:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:02:55 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 10:06:06 PM UTC-7, martin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> One where the lives of young children are less important than a
>> constitutional clause written over 200 years ago.
>

>On this day,
>
>"June 25 (Reuters) - Anti-abortion activists should be concerned with other issues that can threaten life, such as easy access to guns, poverty and rising maternity mortality rates, the Vatican's editorial director said on Saturday.
>
>In a media editorial on the United States Supreme Court's ruling to end the constitutional right to abortion, Andrea Tornielli said those who oppose abortion could not pick and choose pro-life issues. "
>
>https://www.reuters.com/world/us/pro-life-is-not-just-opposing-abortion-vatican-says-after-us-ruling-2022-06-25/
>
>"The Fifth Amendment says to the federal government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law." The Fourteenth Amendment, ratified in 1868, uses the same eleven words, called the Due Process Clause, to describe a legal obligation of all states."
>
>https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/due_process
>
>Written into the Constitution over 200 years ago, some say includes *all* life. You may disagree, but it is not still clear what you mean. I suspect when you heard about the Texas school shooting, you used that as an excuse to legitimize your own internal belief in and support of abortion.

And now you make out that you have some special insight into my
internal beliefs. Once again, you could not be more wrong about those
beliefs.

broger...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 2:10:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
No, dear, I can't come to bed yet. Someone's wrong on the internet.

Mark Isaak

Jun 30, 2022, 2:35:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Glenn is, of course, wrong about what I was thinking. Based on his
posts, it looks like most of the time he doesn't know what he himself
believes. I wonder if Glenn has realized that he is an atheist.

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) curioustaxonomy (dot) net
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred
to the presence of those who think they've found it." - Terry Pratchett

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 3:05:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
So what does "cries of "right to life" refer to, Mark? Nothing about "having to do with abortion and right to life", eh? Roe vs Wade has, one would think, something to do with abortion and right to life, but apparently you don't. Nah. Nothing to do with that.

jillery

Jun 30, 2022, 4:40:26 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:30:13 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:10:25 AM UTC-7, jillery wrote:

[...]

>> So which "constitutional clause" do you think Harran and Rogers are
>> cryptic about?
>
>No need to think, Martin's OP was clearly cryptic. And Rogers said nothing about a constitutional clause in his first post. His second post was colored by these recent posts.
>
>So why are you trying to make it appear that Rogers first post, and only post before the post I made claiming that everyone though the OP was about abortion, spoke to Martin's
>"clause"? Sounds just like more rabbit stew stirring.

So you have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing new about
that.

Glenn

Jun 30, 2022, 5:25:25 PMJun 30
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I know I said nothing about Rogers' comments being "cryptic". But that sort of claim is not new about you. As I said earlier, and what you snipped, is that you've tried to turn what Rogers originally said into rabbit stew. Num num, dum dum.

jillery

Jul 1, 2022, 1:40:26 AMJul 1
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:20:55 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 1:40:26 PM UTC-7, jillery wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:30:13 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>> >On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:10:25 AM UTC-7, jillery wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> >No need to think, Martin's OP was clearly cryptic. And Rogers said nothing about a constitutional clause in his first post. His second post was colored by these recent posts.
>> >
>> >So why are you trying to make it appear that Rogers first post, and only post before the post I made claiming that everyone though the OP was about abortion, spoke to Martin's
>> >"clause"? Sounds just like more rabbit stew stirring.
>> So you have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing new about
>> that.
>> --
>I know I said nothing about Rogers' comments being "cryptic".

Willfully stupid evasion. You *still* said nothing about the what
constitutional clause you think Harran and Rogers are talking about.

>But that sort of claim is not new about you. As I said earlier, and what you snipped, is that you've tried to turn what Rogers originally said into rabbit stew.

And you *still* don't say how you think I turned what Rogers said into
rabbit stew.

>Num num, dum dum.

That's what village idiots say when they choke on their own words.

Zen Cycle

Jul 1, 2022, 10:00:27 AMJul 1
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 4:35:24 PM UTC-4, Glenn wrote:

> Instead I get insults, lies and conjecture.

fucking hypocrite.