'Einstein was wrong!' Physicist rallied against 'most shocking discovery' in physics

israel socratus

Sep 9, 2021, 10:45:07 AM9/9/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
'Einstein was wrong!' Physicist rallied against 'most shocking discovery' in physics
By SEBASTIAN KETTLEY
Thu, Sep 9, 2021
------,
https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1488496/albert-einstein-wrong-quantum-physics-most-shocking-discovery-youniverse-book

Newton's world is "with laws that guaranteed things always happen, given the same circumstances"
Planck’s quantum world describes the awfully bizarre principles that govern the micro-world at the smallest level imaginable of primary particles.
Einstein could not believe that governance in the quantum world is governed by the laws of a random lifestyle. Einstein never believed that the quantum micro-world is governed entirely by probability. ''The Old One doesn't play dice with the world" - Einstein said.
---.
Nature contains the concept of "consciousness"
If there is "consciousness" then it must be rational, logical explanation "with laws that guaranteed things always happen, given the same circumstances"
If we cannot understand rationality of quantum laws - it is our problem.
---.
Physicists say: quantum physics is weird.
Quantum theory says: physicists have strange thinking
------------.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Sep 9, 2021, 10:50:08 AM9/9/21
to talk-o...@moderators.individual.net
On 2021-09-09 14:43:18 +0000, israel socratus said:

> 'Einstein was wrong!' Physicist rallied against 'most shocking
> discovery' in physics
> By SEBASTIAN KETTLEY
> Thu, Sep 9, 2021------,
> https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1488496/albert-einstein-wrong-quantum-physics-most-shocking-discovery-youniverse-book

Is the Daily Express your idea of a reliable source of information
about physics? Why not try Fox News while you're at it?

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

jillery

Sep 9, 2021, 11:45:08 AM9/9/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 16:48:48 +0200, Athel Cornish-Bowden
<acor...@imm.cnrs.fr> wrote:

>On 2021-09-09 14:43:18 +0000, israel socratus said:
>
>> 'Einstein was wrong!' Physicist rallied against 'most shocking
>> discovery' in physics
>> By SEBASTIAN KETTLEY
>> Thu, Sep 9, 2021------,
>> https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1488496/albert-einstein-wrong-quantum-physics-most-shocking-discovery-youniverse-book
>>

>Is the Daily Express your idea of a reliable source of information
>about physics? Why not try Fox News while you're at it?

In fairness, the cited article does describe a well-documented
instance where Einstein's fundamentally disagreed with some of the
principles of the then new science of QM. An irony is, his
explanation of the photoelectric effect helped to establish QM. It
was at the Fifth Solvay Conference in 1927 where Einstein is said to
have quipped "God doesn't play dice", and Bohr is said to have
retorted, "Don't tell God what He can do."

And in fact, GR and QM have fundamental incompatibilities, ex. GR
predicts singularities and infinities, while QM prohibits them. My
understanding is GR and QM describe different parts of the
metaphorical elephant called our universe.

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.

Oxyaena

Sep 11, 2021, 8:55:09 PM9/11/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
There's been a few hacks to unify QM and GR, like Hawking radiation, but
without a true theory of quantum gravity hacks is all they are. There
are some things we may never fully understand, and while I don't claim
to know what the future holds, the quantum nature of gravity may very
well be one of those things we never fully understand, a la Goedel's
incompleteness theorem.