Faux

Sn!pe

Oct 9, 2023, 3:53:04 PM10/9/23
A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Praetor Mandrake

Oct 9, 2023, 11:12:08 PM10/9/23
The intention of the group isn't for interlopers to be rude. Is that what your group is like?

Sn!pe

Oct 10, 2023, 6:23:39 AM10/10/23
Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 2:53:04?PM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> > A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?
> >

> The intention of the group isn't for interlopers to be rude.
> Is that what your group is like?

My froup is beezer, it's the beez kneez. This froup is just, well,
~trying~ to be bizarre, innit. I bet you guyz don't even know
how many beanz make five.

Praetor Mandrake

Oct 10, 2023, 7:49:00 AM10/10/23
On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 5:23:39 AM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 2:53:04?PM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> > > A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?
> > >

> > The intention of the group isn't for interlopers to be rude.
> > Is that what your group is like?
> >
> My froup is beezer, it's the beez kneez. This froup is just, well,
> ~trying~ to be bizarre, innit. I bet you guyz don't even know
> how many beanz make five.

Woohoo, it's nice to finally get some feedback.

Kind of funny because I started the `innit' fad 7 years ago. Sorry, Quaid, your whole life is just a dream.
--
|\/|andrake

Sn!pe

Oct 10, 2023, 2:44:00 PM10/10/23
Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI:
"Innit" is standard argot in some sections of Brit. society, innit.*

* Innit is distinct from ennit or ain'it, used by other sections.

HTH HAND HORSE

Praetor Mandrake

Oct 10, 2023, 4:39:09 PM10/10/23
On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 1:44:00 PM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > My froup is beezer, it's the beez kneez. This froup is just, well,
> > > ~trying~ to be bizarre, innit. I bet you guyz don't even know
> > > how many beanz make five.
> >
> > Woohoo, it's nice to finally get some feedback.
> >
> > Kind of funny because I started the `innit' fad 7 years ago.
> > Sorry, Quaid, your whole life is just a dream.
> FYI:
> "Innit" is uncommonly rude in some sections of Brit. society, innit.*
>
> * Innit is distinct from ennit or ain'it, used by other sections.
>
> HTH HAND HORSE

Yes, it is hard to believe. I ported it to USENET and kensi is just following in my footsteps and you in hers. I know what's what and that's a fact. Little old me.

Got spam, innit?

Why do you feel the need to insult, anyways? I know what you're talking about and it isn't what you think it is. Kor Halberd is a one mana value equipment. Junji, The Midnight Sky is a 5 mana value flying Dragon Spirit with certain other benefits such as causing the opponent to discard two cards. Why display your equipment if it is going to be four or more turns until the creature you're putting it on is around to use it? The whole article was sarcastic and very bad advice if you followed it literally. Isn't it enough? I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!!
--
It can't be much fun for them with all their needles content to sit and hide
|\/|andrake

Sn!pe

Oct 10, 2023, 6:02:49 PM10/10/23
Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 1:44:00?PM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> > Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Woohoo, it's nice to finally get some feedback.
> > >
> > > Kind of funny because I started the `innit' fad 7 years ago.
> > > Sorry, Quaid, your whole life is just a dream.
> > >

> > FYI:
> > "Innit" is uncommonly rude in some sections of Brit. society, innit.*
> > ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

Haha! A poast edit! ≈:o))

> > * Innit is distinct from ennit or ain'it, used by other sections.
> >
> > HTH HAND HORSE
> >

> Yes, it is hard to believe. I ported it to USENET and kensi is just
> following in my footsteps and you in hers. I know what's what and
> that's a fact. Little old me.

Following ~kensi~ ?!

FFS, Paul Derbyshire is the very last be person I'd be emulating.

You should read uk.* for the last couple of decades, 'innit' is a
commonplace there.

> Got spam, innit?
>
> Why do you feel the need to insult, anyways?

I know; bizarre, innit?

> I know what you're talking about and it isn't what you think it is.
> Kor Halberd

I've no idea who that is

> a one mana value equipment. Junji, The Midnight Sky is a 5
> mana value flying Dragon Spirit with certain other benefits such as
> causing the opponent to discard two cards. Why display your equipment
> if it is going to be four or more turns until the creature you're putting it
> on is around to use it? The whole article was sarcastic and very bad
> advice if you followed it literally. Isn't it enough? I'VE GOT BLISTERS
> ON MY FINGERS!!!! --

Cards? A you writing about some sort of a game?

--
> It can't be much fun for them with all their needles content to sit and hide
>
> |\/|andrake

Faulty .sig-sep there, Buddy.

vallor

Oct 15, 2023, 6:00:17 PM10/15/23
On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 20:53:01 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
<1qicpyb.nerzaqqws06N%snip...@gmail.com>:

> A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?

Okay, I'll bite: make a bizarre post.

Get out of your duck blind!

--
-v

Sn!pe

Oct 15, 2023, 6:31:26 PM10/15/23
My breasts are growing; I think I must be in pubberty.

--
^Ď^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.

My pet rock Gordon just said blibble.

vallor

Oct 15, 2023, 9:49:22 PM10/15/23
On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 23:31:23 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
<1qio16g.15pv7t1d487s0N%snip...@gmail.com>:

> vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 20:53:01 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
>> <1qicpyb.nerzaqqws06N%snip...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> > A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?
>>
>> Okay, I'll bite: make a bizarre post.
>>
>> Get out of your duck blind!
>
> My breasts are growing; I think I must be in pubberty.

Too much time at the pub?

--
-v

Sn!pe

Oct 16, 2023, 1:40:55 PM10/16/23
Yay! My communication sk1llz have not yet atrophied;
and you, Grasshopper, are an excellent student.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.

My pet rock Gordon just said perhaps.

Richard Tobin

Oct 26, 2023, 1:25:02 PM10/26/23
In article <1qicpyb.nerzaqqws06N%snip...@gmail.com>,
Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?

It's not what it used to be, I'm afraid.

-- Richard

Sn!pe

Oct 27, 2023, 8:53:29 AM10/27/23
Alas, like so many froups of yore, eh, Richard?
I miss uk.misc the most.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.

Creon

Oct 27, 2023, 10:56:21 AM10/27/23
On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:53:10 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:

> Richard Tobin <ric...@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <1qicpyb.nerzaqqws06N%snip...@gmail.com>,
>> Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?
>>
>> It's not what it used to be, I'm afraid.
>>
>> -- Richard
>
> Alas, like so many froups of yore, eh, Richard?
> I miss uk.misc the most.

Well then, show us how it's done, please. :)

People who complain about posts, but never post, are
just being curmudgeons.

--
-c

Sn!pe

Oct 27, 2023, 1:44:00 PM10/27/23
Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:53:10 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:
>
> > Richard Tobin <ric...@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> >> It's not what it used to be, I'm afraid.
> >>
> >> -- Richard
> >
> > Alas, like so many froups of yore, eh, Richard?
> > I miss uk.misc the most.
>
> Well then, show us how it's done, please. :)

Check it out, Buster.

> People who complain about posts, but never post, are
> just being curmudgeons.

Here's looking at you, Kid.

Creon

Oct 31, 2023, 4:42:33 PM10/31/23
On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 18:43:56 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:

> Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:

>> > Alas, like so many froups of yore, eh, Richard?
>> > I miss uk.misc the most.
>>
>> Well then, show us how it's done, please. :)
>
> Check it out, Buster.
>
>> People who complain about posts, but never post, are just being
>> curmudgeons.
>
> Here's looking at you, Kid.

I don't look anything like Ingrid Bergman.

BTW, I have a bizarre story to relate, but I'm unsure if it
is appropriate for this group.

To that end: what is the difference between "bizarre" and "weird"?

Subject: changed

--
-c

Sn!pe

Nov 1, 2023, 6:10:08 AM11/1/23
Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:

[...]

> BTW, I have a bizarre story to relate, but I'm unsure if it
> is appropriate for this group.
>
> To that end: what is the difference between "bizarre" and "weird"?
>
> Subject: changed

[change of Subject: approved] ≈;o)

To me, off the top of my head and consulting neither
my dictionary, thesaurus nor any other artificial aid:

"weird" suggests "spooky" as in paranormal;
"bizarre" suggests "WTF does ~that~ mean?"

Is the mere fact of talk.bizarre's existence weird?
How bizarre is that...

[gratuitous notification: .siggy changed]

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

No Google Groups articles seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Praetor Mandrake

Nov 2, 2023, 12:27:51 AM11/2/23
On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 5:10:08 AM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > BTW, I have a bizarre story to relate, but I'm unsure if it
> > is appropriate for this group.
> >
> > To that end: what is the difference between "bizarre" and "weird"?
> >
> > Subject: changed
> >
> [change of Subject: approved] ≈;o)
>

> To me, off the top of my head and consulting neither
> my dictionary, thesaurus nor any other artificial aid:
>
> "weird" suggests "spooky" as in paranormal;
> "bizarre" suggests "WTF does ~that~ mean?"
>
> Is the mere fact of talk.bizarre's existence weird?
> How bizarre is that...
>

> [gratuitous notification: .siggy changed]

One of the things we do here is consult dictionary and thesaurus and edit out gratuitous material. I don't really want a dump of your brain at some random moment.

Sn!pe

Nov 2, 2023, 6:56:21 AM11/2/23
Praetor Mandrake <j638...@gmail.com> wrote:
Really? Generally speaking, my brain-dumps are free, gratis and at
absolutely no cost to the recipient. Are you sure that you don't want
them? If you insist, I can always delete you from this mailing list;
just click the unsubscribe link.

Praetor Mandrake

Dec 21, 2023, 12:01:40 AM12/21/23
On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:53:10 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

>Richard Tobin <ric...@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <1qicpyb.nerzaqqws06N%snip...@gmail.com>,
>> Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >A faux bizarre froup, just for the sake of being faux bizarre?
>>
>> It's not what it used to be, I'm afraid.
>>
>> -- Richard
>
>Alas, like so many froups of yore, eh, Richard?
>I miss uk.misc the most.

There was a BOB in 1995 and the newsgroup never fully recovered.
That's my understanding at least.