Re: I like...

Sn!pe

Nov 2, 2023, 10:24:40 AM11/2/23
Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:

> ...tea-smoked duck.
>
> (The non-gooey kind...)

Tea-smoked? Should this poast be in talk.bizarre? [xpoasted]

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

No Google Groups articles seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Creon

Nov 2, 2023, 10:30:19 AM11/2/23
On Thu, 2 Nov 2023 14:24:26 +0000, Sn!pe wrote:

> Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:
>
>> ...tea-smoked duck.
>>
>> (The non-gooey kind...)
>>

> Tea-smoked? Should this poast be in talk.bizarre? [xpoasted]

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tea-smoked-duck-recipe-2117630

"Tea Smoked Duck is one of the most famous dishes of Sichuan Province,
contrary to what most people believe it to originate from Hunan. Smoking
was a culinary craft mastered by the Sichuan people as a better way to
preserve flavor and the longevity of foods without refrigeration. A good
tea smoked duck should have a haunting tea smoked flavor, well rendered,
tender meat and a crackling skin. It can be served with buns and
accompanied by a semisweet bean sauce."

--
-c

Sn!pe

Nov 2, 2023, 10:41:25 AM11/2/23
Yum!

We have Chinese nosh coming tonight: Special, Szechuan style for me,
King Prawn with Ginger and Spring On!on for Mrs S. Also bean sprouts
and egg fried rice. Only three hours to go, and counting...

Creon

Nov 2, 2023, 10:46:32 AM11/2/23
On Thu, 2 Nov 2023 14:41:17 +0000, Sn!pe wrote:

> Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:

>> > Tea-smoked? Should this poast be in talk.bizarre? [xpoasted]
>>
>> https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tea-smoked-duck-recipe-2117630
>>
>> "Tea Smoked Duck is one of the most famous dishes of Sichuan Province,
>> contrary to what most people believe it to originate from Hunan.
>> Smoking was a culinary craft mastered by the Sichuan people as a better
>> way to preserve flavor and the longevity of foods without
>> refrigeration. A good tea smoked duck should have a haunting tea smoked
>> flavor, well rendered,
>> tender meat and a crackling skin. It can be served with buns and
>> accompanied by a semisweet bean sauce."
>
> Yum!
>
> We have Chinese nosh coming tonight: Special, Szechuan style for me,
> King Prawn with Ginger and Spring On!on for Mrs S. Also bean sprouts
> and egg fried rice. Only three hours to go, and counting...

Happy repast!

I guess that doesn't count as "foreign muck"? :)

What is the special?

--
-c

Sn!pe

Nov 2, 2023, 12:32:19 PM11/2/23
Over here, "special" in the Chinese meal context means a bit of
everything: roast pork, beef, chicken, prawns, maybe some duck.
The special is usually good value with plenty of protein, not just
e. g. a few prawns and lots of veg.

Praetor Mandrake

Nov 2, 2023, 10:17:29 PM11/2/23
Have you ever eaten slugs?

Creon

Nov 3, 2023, 1:28:28 PM11/3/23
I've eaten escargot, with that wonderful
garlicy butter, which can be dipped with
the bread.

What do you eat? Slugs? Salisbury Steak? or...?

--
-c

Sn!pe

Nov 3, 2023, 2:17:30 PM11/3/23
Creon <cr...@creon.earth> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2023 19:17:28 -0700 (PDT), Praetor Mandrake wrote:

[...]

Not my choice of thing to eat, I'm afraid. IMO Escargot is no more than
a vehicle for the garlic butter and have little flavour of their own. As
I'm not a great liker of garlic, I'll just pass, thanks.

Side Note: Our Google-poasting correspondent is currently in my
whitelist but missing from my feed. It looks to me as though some
News services are taking the call for Google Groups to be de-peered
seriously. Either that or some service somewhere has their NoCeM
spam-busting filter set too strong.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Praetor Mandrake

Nov 3, 2023, 11:34:27 PM11/3/23

Praetor Mandrake

Nov 3, 2023, 11:35:47 PM11/3/23
Something went on, because google groups has ramped up their security versus hackers. I have to identify cars just to post to talk.bizarre.