Disproving Creation: The Evolution of Sight

1 view

Budikka666

May 3, 2011, 8:23:56 PM5/3/11
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/05/02/sea-urchins-use-their-entire-body-as-an-eye/

Organisms didn't have to start from scratch to build eyes. The genes
were already there. the cells were already there. They just needed a
tweak or two, like creationist noses do when they LIE that there was a
creation and then can't find a shred of evidence to support their LIE.

Budikka

Colanth

May 3, 2011, 11:02:37 PM5/3/11

And, although creationists won't recognize it, let alone accept it,
more proof of evolution.
--
"God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we
are defending His work. In vowing ourselves to one another, we are

AllSeeing-I

May 4, 2011, 4:07:33 AM5/4/11
On May 3, 7:23 pm, Budikka666 <budik...@netscape.net> wrote:
> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/05/02/sea-urc...

> Organisms didn't have to start from scratch to build eyes.  The genes
> were already there.  the cells were already there.  They just needed a
> tweak or two, like creationist noses do when they LIE that there was a
> creation and then can't find a shred of evidence to support their LIE.
>
> Budikka

They were --Already-- there, eh? Are these magic genes? Are these Jack
and the Beanstalk GENES?

BTW, who did a controlled tweaking?

JessHC

May 4, 2011, 9:58:58 AM5/4/11
On May 4, 1:07 am, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 7:23 pm, Budikka666 <budik...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> >http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/05/02/sea-urc...
>
> > Organisms didn't have to start from scratch to build eyes.  The genes
> > were already there.  the cells were already there.  They just needed a
> > tweak or two, like creationist noses do when they LIE that there was a
> > creation and then can't find a shred of evidence to support their LIE.
>
> > Budikka
>
> They were --Already-- there, eh?

Yep.

> Are these magic genes? Are these Jack and the Beanstalk GENES?

You mean magic like an invisible magic super sky daddy?

> BTW, who did a controlled tweaking?

Evolutionary pressure. It's well understood by those not blinded by
idiocy.

AllSeeing-I

May 5, 2011, 12:52:36 AM5/5/11

heh... a sustained UNguided effort by evolution to systematically
create an eye.

Funny.

You guys will believe ANYTHING

So, wanna see some land for sale in florida?

Wombat

May 5, 2011, 2:14:39 AM5/5/11

It's happened all across the animal kingdom. The molluscs have
developed eyes ranging from eyespots to eyes better than ours. Why
did your ET god give the octopus and squid better eyes than us? Are
we not the pinnacle of creation?

Wombat

snip usual insults

AllSeeing-I

May 5, 2011, 6:00:36 AM5/5/11

At one time we were perfect in every way. It is all explained in the
bible.

JessHC

May 5, 2011, 9:52:10 AM5/5/11

I've been to Florida, so I know it exists. I have relatives who own
land there. I can use the interwebs to look at land for sale there.
They have pictures. So it isn't a big stretch to believe there's land
for sale in Florida.

I've also seen evidence that eyes have evolved at least three
different ways.

You can't even produce cited definitions for mammals or fish, let
alone evidence of deities.

You believe in an undetectable magical logically contradictory
superdaddy, but imply atheists are gullible for accepting actual
evidence.

I find it difficult and troubling to believe people as stupid and
dishonest as you actual exist, but I have to go with the evidence.

JessHC

May 5, 2011, 9:55:21 AM5/5/11

Does the bible explain why the human eye has a blind spot but an
octopus eye doesn't?

Wombat

May 5, 2011, 10:50:08 AM5/5/11

So Adam didn't have a blind spot when he was preternatural. How
quaint. Apart from vague consequences of the fall laid out in that
morality tale, Genesis, have you any evidence that ALL vertebrate eyes
went pear shaped circa 6,000 years ago?
Wow! Twatman has decided to reply to my posts. His once a year reply
gambit has gone pear shaped, just like his arguments.

Wombat

Colanth

May 5, 2011, 1:15:55 PM5/5/11
On Wed, 4 May 2011 21:52:36 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote:

>heh... a sustained UNguided effort by evolution to systematically
>create an eye.

No - evolution has no goal.
--
"If we do not succeed, we run the risk of failure." - Dan Quayle,
another brain damaged by religion

wf3h

May 7, 2011, 12:24:18 PM5/7/11
On Wed, 4 May 2011 21:52:36 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote:

gee. and yet the mechanism is testable

observable

verifiable

none of which is true for creationist magic

wf3h

May 7, 2011, 12:25:33 PM5/7/11
On Thu, 5 May 2011 03:00:36 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote:

>At one time we were perfect in every way. It is all explained in the
>bible.

and yet we can prove, scientifically

this is not true.

so where's the proof of his statement?

there is none

Mike Painter

May 7, 2011, 10:09:15 PM5/7/11

I would imagine a step from perfect to what we observe today would falsify
evolution.
Talk about a bee birthing a bunny.

AllSeeing-I

May 8, 2011, 3:39:04 AM5/8/11

Yep. That step was Jesus.

JessHC

May 8, 2011, 12:01:12 PM5/8/11

So your magic jewish zombie made everyone imperfect? That seems
counterproductive, although what would you expect from a zombie.

Budikka

May 9, 2011, 10:05:57 PM5/9/11
On May 4, 3:07 am, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 7:23 pm, Budikka666 <budik...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> >http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/05/02/sea-urc...
>
> > Organisms didn't have to start from scratch to build eyes.  The genes
> > were already there.  the cells were already there.  They just needed a
> > tweak or two, like creationist noses do when they LIE that there was a
> >creationand then can't find a shred of evidence to support their LIE.

> > Budikka
>
> They were --Already-- there, eh?

Already evolved by bacteria. Do you need remedial English to grasp
simple sentences?

> Are these magic genes?

Your;le the one who demands magic and then RUNS when we ask you to
support your claim. Evolution demands only a subset of physics which
is called chemistry.

> Are these Jack
> and the Beanstalk GENES?

You're the jackass, you answer that.

> BTW, who did a controlled tweaking?

Go read some books on evolution and you'll discover just how deep your
ignorance RUNS. I emphasize runs, since that's what you're best at.

There is no "who". If you disagree, then supply the evidence
supporting your claims that there's a who, instead of running like the
stinking swamp of infected diarrhea that you are.

Here's what you're shrinking from like a limp Peter at the Passion:

1. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours
exists

2. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours is
the only deity there is

3. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours
created the universe and life on Earth

4. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours is
not a figment of your imagination

Or keep running, you pathetic coward; it's what you do best, after
all, but let's face it you've had a heck of a lot of practice.

Whaddaya say jackass, time to RUN again?

Budikka

Mickey

May 12, 2011, 1:57:42 AM5/12/11

Owchies!

AllSeeing-I

May 12, 2011, 7:08:05 AM5/12/11

You are becoming a one trick pony Budikka.

Get some new material.

Colanth

May 12, 2011, 8:30:51 AM5/12/11
On Thu, 12 May 2011 04:08:05 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote:

>You are becoming a one trick pony

Says the one trick whale.
--
"Steal the best taglines," shall be the whole of the Law.

Devils Advocaat

May 12, 2011, 3:56:51 PM5/12/11
On May 12, 1:30 pm, Colanth <Cola...@pern.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011 04:08:05 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
>
> <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> >You are becoming a one trick pony
>
> Says the one trick whale.
> --
> "Steal the best taglines," shall be the whole of the Law.

Don't you mean the one trick trilobite?

Caranx latus

May 12, 2011, 4:27:31 PM5/12/11

One mammel is the same as another.

Budikka666

May 12, 2011, 6:31:58 PM5/12/11

Colanth

May 12, 2011, 11:15:03 PM5/12/11

If you want a descriptive term you'd have to use stromatolite.
--
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a
fighter." - Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Colanth

May 12, 2011, 11:16:03 PM5/12/11

And, since it lived in water, the trilobite was a fish with mammal
traits.
--
"Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you're told. Religion
is doing what you're told, not matter what is right." - Jerry

AllSeeing-I

May 12, 2011, 11:23:23 PM5/12/11
On May 12, 10:15 pm, Colanth <Cola...@pern.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011 12:56:51 -0700 (PDT), Devils Advocaat
>
> <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >On May 12, 1:30 pm, Colanth <Cola...@pern.invalid> wrote:

> >> Says the one trick whale.
> >> --
> >> "Steal the best taglines," shall be the whole of the Law.
>
> >Don't you mean the one trick trilobite?
>
> If you want a descriptive term you'd have to use stromatolite.
> --
> "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a
> fighter." - Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Oh l00k !

3 apes picking fleas off one another.

Budikka666

May 13, 2011, 12:29:57 AM5/13/11
Where is the Soul? (Oct 16 2007)

http://tinyurl.com/28okyh4

Of What Use, Exactly, is the Pope? Seriously? (Jan 22 2010)

http://tinyurl.com/yl55tog

Of What Use, Exactly, is Jesus? Seriously? (Jan 30 2010)

http://tinyurl.com/yj459fg

Of What Use Exactly, is God? Seriously (Feb 3 2010)

http://tinyurl.com/yg7a4dz

Of What Use Exactly, is the Bible? Seriously (Feb 7 2010)

http://tinyurl.com/yje5a5f

Theists: Still No Soul (Jun 29 2010)

http://tinyurl.com/2wp26w9

When creation goes up against evolution, creation gets trounced:

Item 1: http://tinyurl.com/mnkb94

Item 2: http://tinyurl.com/n9dcfh

Item 3: http://tinyurl.com/kt2exk

Item 4: http://tinyurl.com/mfztxy

Item 5: http://tinyurl.com/n596r7

Item 6: http://tinyurl.com/ncree3

Item 7: http://tinyurl.com/nqufcj

Item 8: http://tinyurl.com/p7vu8u

Item 9: http://tinyurl.com/lxjw29

Item 10: http://tinyurl.com/muapjy

Item 11: http://tinyurl.com/nvdqsz

Item 12: http://tinyurl.com/ovpe85

Item 13: http://tinyurl.com/ltk5fy

Item 14: http://tinyurl.com/loykqv

Item 15: http://tinyurl.com/koarf7

Item 16: http://tinyurl.com/lq5jwg

Item 17: http://tinyurl.com/oyjkpu

Item 18: http://tinyurl.com/qha55o

Item 19: http://tinyurl.com/l6e6u2

item 20: http://tinyurl.com/krp2g5

Here are 26 proofs of macroevolution, every one of which Liar Dave ran

from rather than give the scientific discussion he lied he would:

http://tinyurl.com/78y2p

666 items of strong evidence for macroevolution:

Example 1: http://tinyurl.com/dxqjc

Example 2: http://tinyurl.com/d4376

Example 3: http://tinyurl.com/d5vqm

Example 4: http://tinyurl.com/dmbxj

Example 5: http://tinyurl.com/cy7r7

Example 6: http://tinyurl.com/dj9sh

Example 7: http://tinyurl.com/aplxu

Example 8: http://tinyurl.com/clpsx

Examples 9-539: http://tinyurl.com/cy9m2

Example 540: http://tinyurl.com/dsjku

Example 541: http://tinyurl.com/bhxw2

Example 542: http://tinyurl.com/77tyl

Example 543: http://tinyurl.com/bpdqm

Example 544: http://tinyurl.com/czsdq

Example 545: http://tinyurl.com/9qnrc

Example 546: http://tinyurl.com/dxg8s

Example 547: http://tinyurl.com/88kch

Example 548: http://tinyurl.com/88kch (shared with 547 thread)

Example 549: http://tinyurl.com/ccw8y

Example 550: http://tinyurl.com/7cxsz

Example 551: http://tinyurl.com/74o4q

Examples 552-577: http://tinyurl.com/7u8lv

Example 578: http://tinyurl.com/9xo8o

Example 579: http://tinyurl.com/avzzk

Example 580: http://tinyurl.com/7segx

Example 581: http://tinyurl.com/8c8od

Example 582: http://tinyurl.com/9voan

Example 583: http://tinyurl.com/76zao (misnumbered as 582)

Example 584: http://tinyurl.com/crzmz

Example 585: http://tinyurl.com/exagp

Examples 586-590: http://tinyurl.com/c4pea

Example 591: http://tinyurl.com/9aveh

Example 592: http://tinyurl.com/d2vmd

Example 593: http://tinyurl.com/dsg6z

Example 594: http://tinyurl.com/75rdt

Example 595: http://tinyurl.com/ak3oo

Example 596: http://tinyurl.com/anqh5

Example 597: http://tinyurl.com/89zjr

Example 598: http://tinyurl.com/9s6cq

Example 599: http://tinyurl.com/7oorv

Example 600: http://tinyurl.com/cujkx

Examples 601-608: http://tinyurl.com/bnflb

Examples 609-615: http://tinyurl.com/9pl7b

Examples 616-635: http://tinyurl.com/cqb3n

Examples 636-666: http://tinyurl.com/ay53o

"Five Questions Evolutionists Would Rather Dodge" are not dodged at:

http://tinyurl.com/8d77u

And 10 questions creationists would rather dodge are dodged at:

http://tinyurl.com/7lvwr

And finally, a leading supporter of intelligent design is disowned by

his own university:

http://tinyurl.com/dydbr

And embarrassed on court on the topic:

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/Day11PMSession.pdf

And finally, be sure to check Past It Dave's Sure-Fire Guide to

Winning Arguments to see how many of his rules he adhered to in this

"response":

http://tinyurl.com/e37pw

Bible Absurdities, Contradictions, and Lies, parts 1 - 8:

http://tinyurl.com/8bsws

http://tinyurl.com/aumcy

http://tinyurl.com/bpy24

http://tinyurl.com/b34ts

http://tinyurl.com/cfodb

http://tinyurl.com/974pu

http://tinyurl.com/77ga3

http://tinyurl.com/cjcp7

Evolution is supported by solid science. Intelligent design is
nothing

but tired religion. Read "Vital Dust" by Nobel laureate Christian de

Duve. Read about the many experiments that have produced organic

chemicals that are the basis of life. Read about how these same

chemicals are found in space.

Read about:

Abiogenesis:

http://home.houston.rr.com/apologia/orgel.htm

http://informationcentre.tripod.com/abiogenesis.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/default.htm

Proto cells:

Factories of life:

Lab molecules mimic life:

Mechanism for evolution described:

Smallest genome a lot smaller than smallest modern cell:

http://mednews.stanford.edu/news_releases_html/2001/febreleases/bioet...

Precambrian to cambrian:

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/topics/evolution/PSCF12-97Miller.html

Early diversification:

http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/Ecology/early_animal_evolution.htm

Transitional forms:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html

Primitive fish different:

Fish with fingers:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/fishfossil0312.html

Snake with legs:

Ant-wasp evolution:

http://research.amnh.org/entomology/social_insects/publications/ms_sp...

Mosquitoes still evolving:

Origins of flight:

4-winged dinos:

Dog evolution:

http://www.provet.co.uk/online/dogs/evolution%20of%20the%20dog.htm

Human evolution:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/

Computer simulated evolution:

http://necsi.org/postdocs/sayama/sdsr/

Evolution vs. creationism debates:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/science/creationism/debates.html

Evolution not "atheist religion":

http://www.catholic.net/RCC/Periodicals/Inside/01-97/creat2.html

29 Evidences supporting evolution:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

The evolution of the eye:

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~lindsay/creation/eye.html

The woodpecker's tongue:

http://omega.med.yale.edu/~rjr38/Woodpecker.htm

Radiometric dating - a Christian perpective:

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html#page

Noah's ark never happened:

http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/noahs_ark.html

Ex-creationist on why young Earth creationism doesn't work:

http://www.glenn.morton.btinternet.co.uk/

Another ex-creationist:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/7755/

Creationists cannot define "kind":

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/2437/kinds.htm

Even evolutionists believe in God!:

http://www.exn.ca/Stories/1997/04/04/01.asp

General anti-creationism/pro-evolution FAQs:

http://www.millerandlevine.com/km/evol/index.html

http://www.rice.edu/armadillo/Sciacademy/riggins/newindex.htm

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-meritt/complexity.html

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/dave_matson/young-earth/specif...

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Creationism.htm

http://vuletic.com/hume/cefec/index.html

Questionable creationist credentials:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/credentials.html

Even dyed-in-the-wool creationists think a lot of their arguments are
bad:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/dont_use.asp

Why There Is No God:

Parts 1-5 at: http://tinyurl.com/6uhnl

Part 6 at: http://tinyurl.com/3ms66

Parts 7-11 at: http://tinyurl.com/5yhjn

Part 12 at: http://tinyurl.com/5ndow

Parts 13-15 at: http://tinyurl.com/65x6g

Parts 16-25 at: http://tinyurl.com/3jmrq

Parts 26-42 at: http://tinyurl.com/4569y

Parts 43-50 at: http://tinyurl.com/6hkax

Parts 51-55 at: http://tinyurl.com/48abq

Parts 56-65 at: http://tinyurl.com/4a95v

Parts 66-70 at: http://tinyurl.com/3jyxg

Parts 70-78 at: http://tinyurl.com/3jyxg

Parts 79-90 at: http://tinyurl.com/6aa8l

Parts 91-99 at: http://tinyurl.com/6xnhh

Parts 100-119 at: http://tinyurl.com/9fcsw

Parts 120-139 at: http://tinyurl.com/bp8za

Parts 140-155 at: http://tinyurl.com/72vlr

Parts 156-170 at: http://tinyurl.com/d3ubb

Parts 171-174 at: http://tinyurl.com/8jcja

Parts 175-189 at: http://tinyurl.com/cuvxb

Parts 190-199 at: http://tinyurl.com/9uo6f

Parts 200-219 at: http://tinyurl.com/8tsrg

Parts 220-235 at: http://tinyurl.com/a9rc2

Parts 236-245 at: http://tinyurl.com/b9of7

Parts 246-254 at: http://tinyurl.com/cz9yq

Parts 255-280 at: http://tinyurl.com/aze8x

Parts 281-299 at: http://tinyurl.com/7dn3s

Parts 300-325 at: http://tinyurl.com/bj4mu

Parts 326-360 at: http://tinyurl.com/8unme

Parts 361-400 at: http://tinyurl.com/89tdu

Parts 401-500 at: http://tinyurl.com/8un3t

Parts 501-550 at: http://tinyurl.com/8snjp

Parts 551-600 at: http://tinyurl.com/nakgj

Parts 601-640 at: http://tinyurl.com/lrzuz

Parts 641-666 at: http://tinyurl.com/pjjg7

Budikka

Free Lunch

May 13, 2011, 4:31:40 PM5/13/11
On Thu, 12 May 2011 20:23:23 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

And laughing at you because you are too foolish to realize how much of a
fool you are making of yourself. Denying reality only shows us that you
are an irresponsible fool, nothing more.

AllSeeing-I

May 13, 2011, 4:56:58 PM5/13/11
On May 13, 3:31 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011 20:23:23 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
> <allseei...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
> are an irresponsible fool, nothing more.- Hide quoted text -

Ah. Here comes the 4th chimp

Free Lunch

May 13, 2011, 6:05:58 PM5/13/11
On Fri, 13 May 2011 13:56:58 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

We're all chimps. Too bad that you are such a fool as to try to deny it.

Father Haskell

May 13, 2011, 6:36:27 PM5/13/11
On May 13, 6:05 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 13:56:58 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
> We're all chimps. Too bad that you are such a fool as to try to deny it.- Hide quoted text -

He's never seen what a chimp is capable of, outside
of maybe Lancelot Link. Their problem solving abilities
are comparable to those of a preadolescent child (which
in itself is amazing).

Could an adult human have solved this puzzle faster or
more elegantly?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrPb41hzYdw

Here's a real holy-shit moment for any creationist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cKg9D4QKCM

Free Lunch

May 13, 2011, 6:59:20 PM5/13/11
On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:36:27 -0700 (PDT), Father Haskell
<father...@yahoo.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

I'm impressed.

Creationists are too self-absorbed to realize how impressive that was.

Father Haskell

May 13, 2011, 7:05:02 PM5/13/11
On May 13, 6:59 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:36:27 -0700 (PDT), Father Haskell
> <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
> Creationists are too self-absorbed to realize how impressive that was.- Hide quoted text -

Darwin said human and animal intelligence differed
quantitatively, not qualitatively. How does a cat use
a can opener? By using a human. Intelligence didn't
suddenly appear with the first humans. It's been
around a LOT longer.

Marcus

May 13, 2011, 8:32:13 PM5/13/11

I'm not a chimp. I take deep offense to that, you bloody EVOLUTIONIST.

I'm a bonobo.

Make love, not war.

--Marc Riehm.

AllSeeing-I

May 13, 2011, 10:03:26 PM5/13/11
On May 13, 5:05 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 13:56:58 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I

Only a fool believes that humans split from the ape family.

Free Lunch

May 13, 2011, 10:06:41 PM5/13/11
On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:32:13 -0400, Marcus <mri...@sympatico.ca> wrote
in alt.talk.creationism:

Bonobos, the peaceful, loving chimps.

Free Lunch

May 13, 2011, 10:06:57 PM5/13/11
On Fri, 13 May 2011 19:03:26 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

So you ignorantly claim.

David Fritzinger

May 13, 2011, 10:16:45 PM5/13/11
In article
<9be30a8f-067c-44cd...@s9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
AllSeeing-I <allse...@usa.com> wrote:

We didn't split from the ape family. We are a *MEMBER* of the ape
family.

Xavier Onnasis

May 13, 2011, 10:26:11 PM5/13/11
AllSeeing-I <allse...@usa.com> wrote in

first intelligent comment you've ever made...because, yes,
of course, humans are apes...always have been

--

XO

Colanth

May 14, 2011, 12:05:24 AM5/14/11
<father...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Here's a real holy-shit moment for any creationist:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cKg9D4QKCM

That's a totally unfair test. Chimps are actually a lot better at
that sort of test than humans are. It's almost as bad as a human and
a chimp in a termite fishing contest (which humans ALWAYS lose).
--
''I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman.'' -
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Colanth

May 14, 2011, 12:07:01 AM5/14/11
On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:16:45 -1000, David Fritzinger
<dfri...@nospam.mac.com> wrote:

>We didn't split from the ape family. We are a *MEMBER* of the ape
>family.

They keep making that mistake. Maybe those like Maddy didn't split
far enough.
--
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When
many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion." - Robert

Father Haskell

May 14, 2011, 2:07:04 AM5/14/11

Only a bassackwards creationist makes that claim.

Wombat

May 14, 2011, 3:50:51 AM5/14/11
On May 14, 4:06 am, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:32:13 -0400, Marcus <mri...@sympatico.ca> wrote
> in alt.talk.creationism:
>

> >On 5/13/2011 6:05 PM, Free Lunch wrote:
> >> On Fri, 13 May 2011 13:56:58 -0700 (PDT), AllSeeing-I

I always remember the short clip of a man with a female bonobo on his
lap. He was somewhat surprised when she turned around and french
kissed him!
Is it on youtube? I had a look but couldn't find it.

Wombat

Colanth

May 14, 2011, 1:21:52 PM5/14/11
On Sat, 14 May 2011 00:50:51 -0700 (PDT), Wombat <tri...@multiweb.nl>
wrote:

>I always remember the short clip of a man with a female bonobo on his
>lap. He was somewhat surprised when she turned around and french
>kissed him!

So Bonobos are smarter than creationists.
--
'' ' ''' ' '' ' ''' <-- random quotes

The Magpie

May 14, 2011, 4:59:36 PM5/14/11
On 14/05/2011 18:21, Colanth wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2011 00:50:51 -0700 (PDT), Wombat <tri...@multiweb.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> I always remember the short clip of a man with a female bonobo on his
>> lap. He was somewhat surprised when she turned around and french
>> kissed him!
>
> So Bonobos are smarter than creationists.

Hell, *trees* are smarter than creationists!

Colanth

May 14, 2011, 6:57:47 PM5/14/11

Even petrified trees.
--
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow

Budikka666

May 15, 2011, 3:58:06 PM5/15/11
Here's what you're shrinking from like a limp Peter at the Passion:

1. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours
exists

2. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours is
the only deity there is

3. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours
created the universe and life on Earth

4. Demonstrate with objective evidence that this deity of yours is
not a figment of your imagination

And since it's a lot easier to kick you in your dumb ass when you're
running away, then by all means keep running, shit-for-brains; it's
what you do best, after all.

Budikka

lordofal...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2022, 12:03:54 AMJun 20
On Tue, 3 May 2011 17:23:56 -0700 (PDT), Budikka666
<budi...@netscape.net> wrote:

>http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/05/02/sea-urchins-use-their-entire-body-as-an-eye/
>
>Organisms didn't have to start from scratch to build eyes. The genes
>were already there. the cells were already there. They just needed a
>tweak or two, like creationist noses do when they LIE that there was a
>creation and then can't find a shred of evidence to support their LIE.
>
>Budikka

Jewish News of N. California

The communist tyrant Joseph Stalin was known as an anti-Semite who
planned wide-scale purges against the Jews in his latter days. But
that may not have prevented him from having an affair with a Jewish
woman and of taking care of her daughter until her mother died.
According to some evidence, Stalin may have even married the woman …
It’s still not clear if this was just an affair or whether the couple
actually married because all documents pertaining to Stalin’s personal
life were confiscated in the 1920s, and Stalin personally destroyed
“incriminating” documents. The official version of his biography,
published in the U.S.S.R., mentions two women: Yekaterina Svanidze,
who died of tuberculosis, and Nadezhda Alliluyeva, who committed
suicide. Indirect evidence shows that [Ana] Rubinstein may also have
been a legal wife.

https://jweekly.com/2007/09/27/did-stalin-have-a-jewish-wife-and-stepdaughter/