coincidental blessings?

1 view

David Dalton

Oct 6, 2016, 12:59:13 AM10/6/16
I have previously written about my two video lottery blessings but will
repeat it again here. In the first case a musician friend of mine was playing
a video lottery machine and I cast at the machine my memory of the lucky
incident of Sarah McLachlan staring at me. He then won twice. In the second
case another musician friend was playing a video lottery machine and I cast
at the machine my memory of my blue rose vision and one second later he won a
large prize (I think over $700).

Tonight I was at Folk Night at The Ship Pub and as part of it they draw for
door prizes during the open mic set between the two headline sets. The final
prize was a pair of tickets to Fretboard Journey at the LSPU Hall on October
15. I was sitting at the bar with my friend Dianna, who is probably 20 years
older than I am but who attends live music regularly. I told her about the
prize and she said if she won she would take me and then I said if I won I
would take her. Then a while before the draw I cast my memory of the starry
night of Jan. 7, 1994 (when I was in a mild waning crescent high) at her
ticket. Then she won the draw.
--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“ `There must be some way out of here’ said the joker to the thief

BruceS

Oct 6, 2016, 10:23:52 AM10/6/16
On 10/05/2016 10:59 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> I have previously written about my two video lottery blessings but will
> repeat it again here. In the first case a musician friend of mine was playing
> a video lottery machine and I cast at the machine my memory of the lucky
> incident of Sarah McLachlan staring at me. He then won twice. In the second
> case another musician friend was playing a video lottery machine and I cast
> at the machine my memory of my blue rose vision and one second later he won a
> large prize (I think over $700).
>
> Tonight I was at Folk Night at The Ship Pub and as part of it they draw for
> door prizes during the open mic set between the two headline sets. The final
> prize was a pair of tickets to Fretboard Journey at the LSPU Hall on October
> 15. I was sitting at the bar with my friend Dianna, who is probably 20 years
> older than I am but who attends live music regularly. I told her about the
> prize and she said if she won she would take me and then I said if I won I
> would take her. Then a while before the draw I cast my memory of the starry
> night of Jan. 7, 1994 (when I was in a mild waning crescent high) at her
> ticket. Then she won the draw.

It's not clear to me what your claimed magical power is, but if you can
describe it properly and perform under controlled circumstances, you
should apply for the James Randi prize. Or is there some demonstration
of your powers that you can perform in a Usenet setting?

s.knight

Oct 6, 2016, 10:55:10 PM10/6/16
On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 02:29:12 -0230, David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com>
wrote:

>I have previously written about my two video lottery blessings but will
>repeat it again here. In the first case a musician friend of mine was playing
>a video lottery machine and I cast at the machine my memory of the lucky
>incident of Sarah McLachlan staring at me. He then won twice. In the second
>case another musician friend was playing a video lottery machine and I cast
>at the machine my memory of my blue rose vision and one second later he won a
>large prize (I think over $700).
>
>Tonight I was at Folk Night at The Ship Pub and as part of it they draw for
>door prizes during the open mic set between the two headline sets. The final
>prize was a pair of tickets to Fretboard Journey at the LSPU Hall on October
>15. I was sitting at the bar with my friend Dianna, who is probably 20 years
>older than I am but who attends live music regularly. I told her about the
>prize and she said if she won she would take me and then I said if I won I
>would take her. Then a while before the draw I cast my memory of the starry
>night of Jan. 7, 1994 (when I was in a mild waning crescent high) at her
>ticket. Then she won the draw.

Were you wearing your tin hat with the propeller? If you weren't, I
gotta call bullshit.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA

David Dalton

Oct 7, 2016, 7:55:29 PM10/7/16
On Oct 6, 2016, BruceS wrote
(in article <nt5mp8$hev$1...@dont-email.me>):
I guess my claimed magical power is enhancement of the
luck of others.

However note that I can only use a given memory once. Also
so far it has only worked for friends up close, and in the first
two cases the friends were musicians and in the third case
the friend was a big music fan. It has not worked the few
times I tried it on random strangers playing a video lottery
machine in a bar. But even given that, the number of times
that it did work form a low probability coincidence, especially
the case where he won one second after the blessing.
Also there seems to be an element of improvisation/creativity
that must be present.

BruceS

Oct 8, 2016, 7:21:53 PM10/8/16
Here's an idea of a setup to demonstrate this ability for the JRI: get
ten of your friends or family to go with you, so you can demonstrate
with a statistically significant sample. Each person throws a pair of
fair six-sided dice ten times while you do your "blessing", and they
"win" each time he throws "snake eyes" (both ones). Each of your
subjects should have about a 1/3 chance (yes, I know that's not exactly
right) of getting snake-eyes at least once. If your ability is real,
you should be able to get a far better-than-random number of them to
"win". I'd put the cut-off at six of the ten, but I'm not with the JRI
so you'd have to work out the exact numbers with them. You could
easily replace the dice throwing with other random events, and the
numbers of tests and percentage of "wins" would need to be adjusted
accordingly. Surely it's worth ten of those special memories to prove
your ability.

As far as I can tell, you can't do any sort of test online, unless you
are able to also "bless" yourself. Or maybe you can find a single
friend to bless, who is willing to participate in a test. It won't
be sufficient to truly prove anything, but maybe that would be enough
to let you know whether it's worth going ahead with a JRI test.

Oxyaena

Nov 5, 2016, 8:46:34 PM11/5/16
On 10/6/2016 12:59 AM, David Dalton wrote:
> I have previously written about my two video lottery blessings but will
> repeat it again here. In the first case a musician friend of mine was playing
> a video lottery machine and I cast at the machine my memory of the lucky
> incident of Sarah McLachlan staring at me. He then won twice. In the second
> case another musician friend was playing a video lottery machine and I cast
> at the machine my memory of my blue rose vision and one second later he won a
> large prize (I think over $700).

Isn't usury a sin? Another case of a Christian disobeying its holy
fable, how sad. I have nothing but pity for this wretched creature, lost
in the land of religious make believe, brainwashed from a young age to
believe this bullshit (sniff).

> Tonight I was at Folk Night at The Ship Pub and as part of it they draw for
> door prizes during the open mic set between the two headline sets. The final
> prize was a pair of tickets to Fretboard Journey at the LSPU Hall on October
> 15. I was sitting at the bar with my friend Dianna, who is probably 20 years
> older than I am but who attends live music regularly. I told her about the
> prize and she said if she won she would take me and then I said if I won I
> would take her. Then a while before the draw I cast my memory of the starry
> night of Jan. 7, 1994 (when I was in a mild waning crescent high) at her
> ticket. Then she won the draw.

You are too superstitious.

--
http://oxyaena.org/

also see: http://thrinaxodon.org/

"Each of these private teachers who work for pay ...
inculcates nothing else than these opinions of the
multitude which they opine when they are
assembled and calls this knowledge wisdom." - Socrates

Otto J. Makela

Jan 13, 2022, 12:19:31 PM1/13/22
BruceS <bruc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It's not clear to me what your claimed magical power is, but if you
> can describe it properly and perform under controlled circumstances,
> you should apply for the James Randi prize. Or is there some
> demonstration of your powers that you can perform in a Usenet setting?

I belive the prize offer was terminated already in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge
--
/* * * Otto J. Makela <o...@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
/* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */