funny story

David Dalton

Aug 1, 2022, 1:12:36 AM8/1/22
As I have said on here before, I do not believe that I am
the return of Jesus.

However in recent months I have been acting as an evening
and night home support worker for my brother. And he,
when he has a problem, will say "Jesus Christ!" or
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!" which I respond to and ask
him what is wrong. Only rarely does he use my name,
and then generally not as loudly as when he takes
Jesus's name in vain.

My latest (and ongoing tonight) progress is described on
the thread "Lughnasadh Eve to Lughnasadh" on alt.religion.druid .

The Christian equivalent of Lughnasadh is Lammas (loaf-mass).

The atheist equivalent is a bank holiday in Scotland and
a federal civic holiday in Canada (though in St. John's
non-federal employees get Regatta Day, the first Wednesday
in August, or first non-windy day after that, off instead).

łSunrise in the morning; Birds singing on every tree; A greeting and a
warning; The song that they're singing is `Be free!' " (Rawlins Cross)

David Dalton

Aug 1, 2022, 10:56:15 AM8/1/22
In article
<dalton.nfld-E250...@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Dalton <dalto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I have said on here before, I do not believe that I am
> the return of Jesus.
>
> However in recent months I have been acting as an evening
> and night home support worker for my brother. And he,
> when he has a problem, will say "Jesus Christ!" or
> "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!" which I respond to and ask
> him what is wrong. Only rarely does he use my name,
> and then generally not as loudly as when he takes
> Jesus's name in vain.
>
> My latest (and ongoing tonight) progress is described on
> the thread "Lughnasadh Eve to Lughnasadh" on alt.religion.druid .
>
> The Christian equivalent of Lughnasadh is Lammas (loaf-mass).
>
> The atheist equivalent is a bank holiday in Scotland and
> a federal civic holiday in Canada (though in St. John's
> non-federal employees get Regatta Day, the first Wednesday
> in August, or first non-windy day after that, off instead).

August 1 is also Emancipation Day in Canada and at least
some other former British colonies.

łThen you saw me from the cathedral; Well I'm an ancient heart; Yes, you
saw me from the cathedral; And here we are just falling apart" (T. Tikaram)