The finger of God a/k/a F-5's

1 view

Francis MARION

May 25, 2011, 6:10:13 PM5/25/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
What is going on with all these F-5 touchdowns in the U.S.? In the
last thirty days, there have been tornadoes in D.C., Maryland,
Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky,
Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama,
Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas,
Iowa, and Nebraska.
Good Lord!

S O
2

lebanonfan

May 26, 2011, 6:43:04 PM5/26/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
I don't know...but the weather sure seems to be extreme lately.
Something to wonder about.

robert_...@insightbb.com

May 26, 2011, 10:10:41 PM5/26/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Well the last outbreak of F-5's was in 1974, April 3rd...Damn...I'm
sounding like an old timer...That day there were over 120 tornadoes....
6 of them F5s and one of them was in Brandenburg KY...wiped it out. I
think that this still hasn't been matched...I remember my Uncle Strike
Smith telling us the story of out running a tornado going down I
65....The tornado was driving a 'vette. My Uncle won. ...Just
kidding about the vette part...

robert_...@insightbb.com

May 26, 2011, 10:13:44 PM5/26/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
BTW...I have often wondered and waited for the fundamentalist
etal...to comment that this in fact was God's payback for our sinful
ways...hmmm...that didn't come...Wonder why?

dan berns

May 26, 2011, 11:36:33 PM5/26/11
to talk-marion...@googlegroups.com

On May 26, 2011Thursday, at May 26, 2011Thursday10:10 PM, rwhi...@elkcreek.net
wrote:

> Well the last outbreak of F-5's was in 1974, April 3rd...Damn...I'm
> sounding like an old timer...That day there were over 120
> tornadoes....
> 6 of them F5s and one of them was in Brandenburg KY...wiped it out. I
> think that this still hasn't been matched...I remember my Uncle Strike
> Smith telling us the story of out running a tornado going down I
> 65....The tornado was driving a 'vette. My Uncle won. ...Just
> kidding about the vette part...

Your uncle was probably driving a Nash Rambler.
In second gear.

Beep Beep.

lebanonfan

May 26, 2011, 11:50:32 PM5/26/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
RW, my dad was taking a nun from the Loretto Motherhouse to Louisville
hospital that day and got caught in the middle of it all. The
patient's friend insisted he turn back.

On May 26, 10:10 pm, "rwhitl...@elkcreek.net"

Francis MARION

May 27, 2011, 8:28:55 AM5/27/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Down in Mannsville, the '74 outbreak dropped seven (7) tornadoes onto
the upper Robinson Creek valley, and virtually leveled the community.
Our hearts and prayers go out to all of the suffering families dealing
with the loss of loved ones and their communities.

S O
2