Catching Up

lebanonfan

Jul 4, 2011, 1:03:28 AM7/4/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Happy Independance Day to all!

If anyone is still reading here, I'd just like to say hello and if we
ever get over our Facebook craze maybe more of us will be back to this
group. Just tonight there have been lots of notes saying Facebook is
about to start charging money to be a member, but I really doubt that.
Wouldn't work.

We had a nice time at Loretto Ball Park tonight----someone put on a
very nice fireworks show. Some said some of the local merchants got
together to make it happen, but I'm not really sure who we should give
credit to, and credit is due. It was a huge and well behaved crowd.
People are already hoping it will be an annual event.

We took a bus down to Mobile, Alabama last week to witness my niece's
participation in the Distinguished Young Woman program --- better
known to us in Marion County as Junior Miss. Had a ball! We had to be
at St. A. parking lot at the brutal hour of 4 a.m. and everyone was on
time and the bus left without a hitch. Bernadette Brahm O'Daniel was
totally awesome in orchestrating the bus trip, and even got national
press for making it happen. Christine did great in the program and we
all had a wonderful time cheering her on! The Lebanon Enterprise
really went above and beyond in their coverage this past week...if you
have not seen the Enterprise and are interested in Junior Miss, you
must check it out. She will soon be passing on her title to the next
Distinguished Young Woman, but she will still represent the State of
Kentucky for quite some time yet to come.

The guy down in front of the new pizza place on West Main is still
dancing.

No recent sightings that I know of for Jesus Guy, though.

Turtle Man has his own Facebook page and it seems so long ago that I
knew him before his fame and fortune. He'd bring a stray turtle into
the county attorney's office every now and then, back then. Ernie
Brown has it goin' down these days.

Hearing Gloria George has secured a nice position with a new company
in town and has spent a couple of weeks out in California meeting with
officials there---good luck, Gloria!

The County has discontinued funding for Karen Thomas-Lenz and her
lobbying expertise in promoting the community, despite her successful
efforts toward securing a $500,000 grant for Loretto for senior
citizens, which if you add it up would obviously have paid her way
even if it were the only tip she ever gave us. The City of Lebanon
will continue to employ her.

Barry Brady has recently been honored by his contemporaries around the
state. He is the best dang jailer in Kentucky. We all knew that
already, but now we have proof.

Father Chuck Thompson is now Bishop Charles Thompson. Many people
traveled to Evansville to witness the occasion of his ordination. Many
more of us tuned in on TV or on the internet to see the services. All
of us are very proud of him and very humbled by his recognition of
Marion County and its importance to him in his life and family roots!
He is only the fifth Bishop of Evansville. Just think of that!

I wish all of you the very best on this holiday weekend!

dan berns

Jul 4, 2011, 11:11:40 PM7/4/11
to talk-marion...@googlegroups.com

On 4, Jul 2011 1 03 28 AM, at 1:03 AM 4 Jul , 2011, lebanonfan wrote:

> Just tonight there have been lots of notes saying Facebook is
> about to start charging money to be a member, but I really doubt that.
> Wouldn't work.

Just the usual "world is ending" rumor. Ain't no truth to it this time.
nor likely to be any time in the reasonably near future.

robert_...@insightbb.com

Jul 5, 2011, 6:13:00 AM7/5/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Hey LF: I'm still checking in from time to time. Hope everyone is
well.

lebanonfan

Jul 6, 2011, 11:44:21 PM7/6/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Know any news? I have exhausted my entire repretoire!

On Jul 5, 6:13 am, "rwhitl...@elkcreek.net"

J Younce

Jul 6, 2011, 11:54:55 PM7/6/11
to talk-marion...@googlegroups.com
I'm here!! :)

-

browneyes

Jul 12, 2011, 9:43:16 PM7/12/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
I still check in from time to time.....would check in more often if
there were more newsy posts like this one. wish I had some news to
add. On a personal note: am pretty excited to say we are getting a
new baby girl in the family in 2 weeks.

Floritucky

Jul 16, 2011, 9:58:54 AM7/16/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Congrats browneyes! thanks for the update LF. I miss this group too.
Everything at my house is geared to packing my daughter's stuff for
the big college move. She will be 8 hours away. We both keep
procrastinating. Our family dog is doing well after her skin cancer
scare and surgery. It came back a grade one which has the best
prognosis. My daughter had her septoplasty and recovered. This summer
seems to be going by too fast. So far the only trip we made was for
mandatory college orientation. Move- in day is Aug. 19.
.
> > I wish all of you the very best on this holiday weekend!- Hide quoted text -

Francis MARION

Jul 17, 2011, 11:03:28 AM7/17/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Congrats to Father thompson, now bishop thompson!

S O
2

pige

Jul 20, 2011, 2:31:29 PM7/20/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
I still check in from time to time too. Don't give up on us.