Horrible Situation.............Donna Mattingly

Message has been deleted

lebanon girl

May 29, 2011, 5:41:09 AM5/29/11
How are you doing ? Hope you slept well last nite ? I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, my family and I came down here to United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed all cash, CC and cell were stolen off from us, luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the United State Embassy and the Police here in Wales but they're not helping issues at all but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until  we settle the bills. I'm freaked out at the moment...

Donna Mattingly

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 4:28:50 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
This is the message that is going to anyone whatsoever who's ever had
anything to do with me! Dang crooks!!!

James Younce

May 29, 2011, 4:54:21 PM5/29/11
to talk-marion...@googlegroups.com
Wheres my money?!?! ..... Joking :)

-

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 6:15:58 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
The only true part about that email is the last line....yes, I am
freaked out at the moment!!!!

On May 29, 4:54 pm, James Younce <james.you...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wheres my money?!?! ..... Joking :)
>
> -

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 6:37:02 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Just got a call from our State Representative, Terry Mills. He's in an
airport on a return trip from Turkey and got "my" desperate email
request for funds! He was wanting to verify that I was really in
trouble in UK, though he thought the email didn't sound like me...but
still he wanted to be sure and if there was anything he could do to
help he stood ready! : )

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 6:50:19 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
OK. You all are not going to believe this, but I just got a call from
another Kentucky official and this is considered a "homeland security"
issue!

I wonder if I will get my facebook page back?

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 7:25:24 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Call from Brett Guthrie's Office. Jimmy Higdon has been notified. They
are turning this over to the attorney general. Dang!

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 7:26:40 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
I was assured that the safety of American citizens is their first
priority.

lebanonfan

May 29, 2011, 8:00:40 PM5/29/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Meanwhile, I am safe and here at home and just want my facebook back
as well as all the files that have been deleted from my accounts!!!!

lebanonfan

May 30, 2011, 8:19:37 PM5/30/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
I now have my facebook page and email account back in my control. I
am just hoping that I've not forgotten any other measures I need to
secure any accounts that might have been mentioned in either place. My
facebook account seems totally restored, however, my email account has
been restored only to the point that I have control over it once
again. All my "sent items" and a portion of emails I've received on
that account have not been restored as of yet...afraid they may not
be. Meanwhile, the harvester of my information has access to that
information.

robert_...@insightbb.com

May 31, 2011, 10:50:59 PM5/31/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
I guess I'm late to the party...I sent you an email that explained
that you'd been spoofed...Oh well at least you know.

browneyes

Jun 4, 2011, 1:12:02 AM6/4/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
my boss's email account sent out the exact same message this
morning......all his email info was sucked away.....we got several
emails & calls today wondering about his safety

On May 31, 10:50 pm, "rwhitl...@elkcreek.net"

dan berns

Jun 4, 2011, 11:22:41 PM6/4/11

On Jun 4, 2011Saturday, at Jun 4, 2011Saturday1:12 AM, browneyes wrote:

> my boss's email account sent out the exact same message this
> morning......all his email info was sucked away.....we got several
> emails & calls today wondering about his safety

Are you using a wireless router at work to hook up
your computers?

browneyes

Jun 5, 2011, 10:55:58 PM6/5/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
yes..

dan berns

Jun 6, 2011, 5:09:23 PM6/6/11
On Jun 5, 2011Sunday, at Jun 5, 2011Sunday10:55 PM, browneyes wrote:

> yes..

Since both your systems were hacked at about the same time,
sounds likely that someone in range of your router was
using Firesheep or another "spy" program.

for info:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Larry_Craig_scandal
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Firesheep
http://www.pcworld.com/article/209333/how_to_hijack_facebook_using_firesheep.html

browneyes

Jun 8, 2011, 11:40:51 PM6/8/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7

lebanonfan

Jun 9, 2011, 8:13:28 PM6/9/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
Scary! But I'm not sure the events are connected. It has been a
painful headache, though, and I just hate it that I've lost so much
data to some hacker. Yahoo mail has a feature that enables you to view
all your log-ins. Some computer in the Netherlands and one in Texas
and another in California showed up as logging into my yahoo account
during my hacking misadventure.