Tragic Losses in Marion County

lebanonfan

Aug 31, 2011, 6:08:29 PM8/31/11
to Talk Marion County 24/7
We have had so many unexpected losses of loved ones in Marion County
in the past week or so that it's just hard to comprehend. I imagine
there is not a person here who isn't heavy hearted by the unexpected
passing of one or more of those who have left us so suddenly here
lately.

The most recent is the death of Bill Hagan, the well known and widely
loved State Farm agent here in Marion County for so many years.

Sympathy to all of his family, but from here on 24/7 we extend a
special acknowledgment to Frugalrock, who was such a big part of this
group for so long.
+++

Following is Bill's obituary information:

William C. “Bill” Hagan, 75, of Lebanon, passed away Tuesday, August
30, 2011 in Lebanon.

Born February 29, 1936 in Marion County, Mr. Hagan was a State Farm
Agent and former Chairman of the Marion County Democratic Party. He
was a 50 year member of the Lebanon Knights of Columbus and a founding
member of the old Lebanon Optimist Club.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Guy and Adelaide Logsdon
Hagan.

Survivors include his wife of 53 years, Ruth Thompson Hagan, four
sons, Macky Hagan, Chris (Kim) Hagan, Jude (Amy) Hagan, all of
Lebanon, John F. Hagan of Lexington, one daughter, Hope (David)
Winebrenner of Lebanon, 12 grandchildren, Andrew, Ann-Rachel, Claire,
Abigail, Jack, Madelyn, Henry and Gabe Hagan, Jonah, Caleb, Anna and
Elijah Winebrenner, four brothers, Joe Guy Hagan (Merwyn), Harry
(Katsy) Hagan, Jim (Linda) Hagan, John (Carolyn) Hagan all of
Louisville, four sisters, Madelyn Kenney, Madonna (Raymond) Karrer,
Martha (Roy) McGraw, all of Louisville and Betty Bowman of Frankfort.

Mass of Christian Burial will be 11 AM Saturday, September 3, 2011 at
Saint Augustine Catholic Church with interment in the church cemetery.
Rev. Bill Bowling will be the celebrant. Visiting is 3-9 PM Friday at
Mattingly Funeral Home, 195 Holy Cross Road, Loretto, with prayers at
6 PM Friday by Rev. Deacon Joseph R. Dant.

Memorial donations may be made to Saint Augustine School, 236 S.
Spalding Ave, Lebanon, KY 40033.

Pallbearers are his sons and Jack Hagan, Andrew Hagan and Jonah
Winebrenner.

http://www.mattinglyfuneralhome.com/obituaries.html