Worst Person in the World

3 wyświetlenia

Alex Banwell

nieprzeczytany,
11 maj 2022, 10:17:0711.05.2022
do Robert Burns Centre Film Club
Link to a video I used for my intro on Joachim Trier for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wOLVOAj6tU

(They have a similar 'introduction to' video for Robert Eggers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkMaEpAQ7X0  if anyone wants to brush up before Monday.)

John, the film got a divided response on Monday. I think the crux was whether people liked and enjoyed spending time with the main character or not.

Everyone agreed it was a superb performance.

Those of us that enjoyed it were very passionate about it. It's shot to the top of my list of films seen this year, and I don't think I'd have been upset if it had won best foreign picture over Drive my Car (we're talking tiny degrees here, both five star films for me)

I'm afraid I don't know the chaps name (which is terrible given he's a regular) who was sitting a couple of rows behind me but he made a great point that has really stuck with me that the chapter structure really enabled the director to play with genre and form in a really thrilling way.

I don't watch too many films that immediately make me want to watch them again but this was one.

I'll certainly be going back and watching the others in the Oslo trilogy and look forward to seeing what he does next.

Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż
Nowe wiadomości: 0