Wookie accepted into Apache Incubator

Scott Wilson

Jul 17, 2009, 3:20:25 PM7/17/09
to talk-abou...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Great news - Wookie has just been accepted into the Apache Incubator!

Once we've sorted out the infrastructure at ASF and moved the existing code our focus will be to ensure that we have a broad community of developers actively contributing to the project.

Hopefully some of the folks here in this group - some of whom have already been doing a lot of work with the W3C Widgets specs - will be willing and able to work with the project once its moved into Apache.

There's a blog post by Ross Gardler at ASF giving some more details here: http://osswatch.jiscinvolve.org/2009/07/17/wookie-accepted-into-apache-incubator/

Cheers,

/-/-/-/-/-/
Scott Wilson
Institute of Educational Cybernetics
University of Bolton

IEC Masters in Learning with Technology || http://www.bolton.ac.uk/IEC/Courses.aspx

John Norman

Jul 18, 2009, 5:52:13 AM7/18/09
to talk-abou...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Scott. We will follow this closely...

John

bugalood

Jul 18, 2009, 1:30:27 PM7/18/09
to Talk about Widgets
Hi Scott !

Congratulations ! That's an excellent news !

Please tell us when everything will moved to the ASF. I'll see if I
can help ;) !

Bests,
Jérôme

On 17 juil, 21:20, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Great news - Wookie has just been accepted into the Apache Incubator!
>
> Once we've sorted out the infrastructure at ASF and moved the existing
> code our focus will be to ensure that we have a broad community of
> developers actively contributing to the project.
>
> Hopefully some of the folks here in this group - some of whom have
> already been doing a lot of work with the W3C Widgets specs - will be
> willing and able to work with the project once its moved into Apache.
>
> There's a blog post by Ross Gardler at ASF giving some more details
> here:http://osswatch.jiscinvolve.org/2009/07/17/wookie-accepted-into-apach...
>
> Cheers,

> /-/-/-/-/-/
> Scott Wilson
> Institute of Educational Cybernetics
> University of Bolton
>
> scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.comhttp://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/scott
>
> IEC Masters in Learning with Technology ||http://www.bolton.ac.uk/IEC/Courses.aspx
>
>  smime.p7s
> 3KAfficherTélécharger

Scott Wilson

Jul 31, 2009, 4:50:50 AM7/31/09
to Talk about Widgets
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know you can now subscribe to the Wookie-dev mailing
list by sending an email to:

wookie-dev...@incubator.apache.org

We've nearly completed everything needed to move the code into the
incubator SVN, so that should happen soon.

Stephane

Aug 25, 2009, 5:46:08 AM8/25/09
to talk-abou...@googlegroups.com
Hello Scott,

These are great news and it opens up a bright future.

Do you have any roadmap posted somewhere (the Wiki does not seem to be
ready yet: http://cwiki.apache.org/Wookie/) ?

Also do you plan to stick to the Java implementation or do you plan to
open up several implementations as Apache Shindig (PHP and Java if I
am right) ?

By the way I hope we will see you at the MUPPLE 09 workshop (1) to
learn more about it.

Stéphane S.
---

[1] http://www.role-project.eu/mupple09

Scott Wilson

Aug 25, 2009, 7:29:42 AM8/25/09
to talk-abou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stéphane,

No, no roadmap published yet, but anyone is free to contribute to us
writing one on the wookie-dev list :-)

The wiki has some content in it - its just a bit case-sensitive: http://cwiki.apache.org/WOOKIE/

I think additional implementations of the architecture would be great
- a php one would be interesting.

I plan to be at MUPPLE, so see you there!