Readership research

Ed Walker

Apr 12, 2010, 4:45:24 PM4/12/10
to TAL Unconference April 2010
Hello everyone,

On Blog Preston (www.blogpreston.co.uk) we've been running a
readership survey and it's revealing some interesting things about our
audience, their demographics, tastes, interests and what they'd like
to see.

Would anyone be interested in seeing this presented, perhaps in a
session exploring 'Who is the hyperlocal/local blog audience?'.

Ed

pauline sargent

Apr 12, 2010, 5:31:16 PM4/12/10
to tal-unconfere...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I would very interested in finding out more about hyperlocal readers.

Who is trying to reach hyperlocal sites?
What do they want to hear?
What do they want to do having read the post?

That would be great thanks.

Pauline

Kevin

Apr 13, 2010, 1:23:25 AM4/13/10
to tal-unconfere...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ed,

I'd be very interested in this

kevin

______________

Kevin Harris

  0773 042 9993

    Local Level

      www.Local-Level.org.uk

    Neighbourhoods blog

      neighbourhoods.typepad.com

Mark Walker

Apr 13, 2010, 4:12:53 AM4/13/10
to tal-unconfere...@googlegroups.com
Yes please

--
Mark Walker
Project Manager and South East Regional ICT Champion

SCIP: IT Services for Charities and Communities

Community Base, Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG
Tel: 01273 234049   Mobile: 07956 627116
Email: mark....@scip.org.uk
Web: www.scip.org.uk
Web: www.seictchampion.org.uk

NEW! Subscribe to news from me:
http://icanhaz.com/seictchampionnews

Philip John

Apr 13, 2010, 1:06:23 PM4/13/10
to TAL Unconference April 2010
Ooooh yes please!

Lisa Reeves

Apr 13, 2010, 1:47:09 PM4/13/10
to tal-unconfere...@googlegroups.com
I'd be very interested in this.

Some of our readers on alderleyedge.com are registered members, who
receive our monthly newsletter, but we took the decision to only
request name and email from them. Some do add their date of birth,
gender and postcode to their profile which is an option but not that
many do.

Our Parish Council, who are just starting to take an interest in the
site after a year!, said they thought our audience would be limited to
mainly retired people, who have the time, so hadn't recognised
alderleyedge.com's value as a communication tool for them.

I know we also have a lot of parents use the site, as the local
schools have all been very supportive of us, and we've even had a
restaurant review from an 11 year old and a comment from an 8 year
old, but it would be great to have more information about our audience.

Many thanks
Regards Lisa

Ed Walker

Apr 13, 2010, 5:54:31 PM4/13/10
to TAL Unconference April 2010
Cool - thanks for all the comments everyone. Will pop it up as a post-
it at the start and see if it gets picked as a session.

Will probably phrase it as 'Just who the hell is our audience?' and
touch on what Blog Preston survey shows and then open up to discussion
about who our reader's are and tools we can use for getting to know
them better.

Getgod

Apr 13, 2010, 6:53:27 PM4/13/10
to TAL Unconference April 2010
I'd love to see this. I got a real shock once when a reader from
Dublin contacted me! I know a lot of people read hyperlocal sites to
check in on towns they've moved away from. Cheers, Nicky

MattyB

Apr 13, 2010, 7:14:15 PM4/13/10
to TAL Unconference April 2010
Yup, I'm interested.

As my site started out as a Neighbourhood Watch site, I knew what the
original readership was, but over time it's changed so much.