First Background papers published in study on citizen websites in London

Hugh Flouch

May 10, 2010, 8:59:59 PM5/10/10
to TAL Unconference April 2010
The Networked Neighbourhoods organisation has just published two
background papers in its study of citizen-led local websites for
Capital Ambition.

The first is an initial typology of the kinds of site that can be
found, and attempts to distinguish and relate them according to
purpose and interactive style.

The second is a more extended paper which attempts to summarise
existing knowledge about community networks, online and social
capital, and the engagement of online participants in civic issues.

Since preparing these papers we've carried out a number of interviews
and focus groups. We now begin analysing our survey data and directing
our attention to the implications of our findings for local council
officers and elected.

Download the papers on the Networked Neighbourhood website - http://is.gd/c3tBX

Read a summary of the project on the London Councils website -
http://is.gd/aY877.