-- Thursday, 8/4/11 -- KNOCKING ON GOD'S DOOR -- Matthew 7:7

J.R. & Bonnie Ricks

Aug 3, 2011, 6:22:41 PM8/3/11
to takea...@googlegroups.com

Take a Minute is a daily devotional ministry of

Dogwood Ministries, Inc.

If you need prayer… contact our partners in ministry…

 SJ Ministries - Ministry of Prayer

Or simply send your request to SJMini...@aol.com

All other requests, please see the end of the devotional

for Dogwood Ministries addresses

cid:image001.jpg@01CA9108.1E60B2A0

KNOCKING ON GOD'S DOOR -- Matthew 7:7

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”

So many times when we pray, we think that if we just ask enough times, if we phrase our sentences right, if we pray in the correct prescribed sequence, if... if... if...  Somehow, we'll convince God to do things our way.  After all, scripture says that if we ask, it will be given to us... if we seek, we will find.... if we knock, the door will be opened.  So what's the problem?

I read a blurb on a friend’s coffee cup not long ago… It said, “God answers every prayer… Sometimes He says “Yes”… Sometimes He says “No”… and sometimes He says, “You’ve got to be kidding!”

Although funny in the form of a blurb on a coffee cup, that statement wasn’t all that far off base… The reason is, generally, we aren’t getting positive answers to our prayers because we haven't gotten tuned in to God's wavelength in the first place.  Generally, we haven't spent enough time with Him to understand His heart.  Generally, what we're asking for is so far out of His will there's no way He will say, "Yes!"  And if that's the case, we can beat on God's door until we're blue in the face, and He'll keep on saying, "No!"

The good news is, just like all scripture, Matthew 7:7 is true.  If we're walking with Jesus on a daily basis… if we're studying His word and spending time with Him… if our relationship with Him is the most important thing in our lives... what we ask for is what He wants us to have... what we're seeking is what He wants us to find... the door we want to open is the door He has prepared for us.

God answers ALL prayers, and He wants to say "yes" to all of yours.  His willingness to respond positively to you is greater than you can imagine.  So stop trying to change His mind.  Instead, allow Him to change yours.

All Bible quotes contained in these devotionals are from the New International Version 1984 (NIV1984), unless otherwise specified.

Donations to Dogwood Ministries:  http://www.dogwoodministries.org

Personal correspondence to Bonnie Ricks:  bon...@dogwoodministries.org

Personal correspondence to J.R. Ricks: j...@dogwoodministries.org

image001.jpg