-- Tuesday, 8/2/11 -- SEEK HIM FIRST -- Matthew 6:33

1 view

J.R. & Bonnie Ricks

Aug 1, 2011, 5:16:36 PM8/1/11
to takea...@googlegroups.com

Take a Minute is a daily devotional ministry of

Dogwood Ministries, Inc.

If you need prayer… contact our partners in ministry…

 SJ Ministries - Ministry of Prayer

Or simply send your request to SJMini...@aol.com

All other requests, please see the end of the devotional

for Dogwood Ministries addresses

cid:image001.jpg@01CA9108.1E60B2A0

SEEK HIM FIRST -- Matthew 6:33

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness: and all these things will be added unto you."

Having trouble finding a good job?  Seek Jesus first.  Having trouble getting rid of a destructive habit like alcohol or drugs or promiscuous sex?  Seek Jesus first.  Having trouble keeping up with the cost of living?  Seek Jesus first.

If you're single, let's look at the finding someone special issue.  What was Adam doing when he met Eve?  Doing what God commanded him to do.  What was Ruth doing when she met Boaz?  Gathering food to take care of her mother-in-law, just as God would have her do.  What was Abigail doing when she met David?  Defending her home in a non-violent manner, just as God would have her do.  None of these people were running around, desperately seeking a mate.  They were doing what God had commanded them to do in their lives.  They were seeking God first.

Let's look at other issues.  Hannah was barren and wanted a son more than anything.  She made a commitment to God and fulfilled it, so God blessed her with Samuel.  Rahab sought first to protect the Israeli spies, so God saved her and her family when Jericho was destroyed.  A Gentile widow sought first to serve God by feeding Elijah throughout the famine, so God blessed her by bringing her son back to life.  David sought God's will first and foremost in almost everything he did (we'll talk about Bathsheba another time!), so God blessed him and made him King of Israel.

You and I are no different from these people.  If we seek first to serve God... if we seek first Jesus' kingdom and His righteousness... ALL other things will be added unto us... whatever they are.... whatever our needs... ALL things.

Begin today to seek Him first in your life and leave the rest to Him.

All Bible quotes contained in these devotionals are from the New International Version 1984 (NIV1984), unless otherwise specified.

Donations to Dogwood Ministries:  http://www.dogwoodministries.org

Personal correspondence to Bonnie Ricks:  bon...@dogwoodministries.org

Personal correspondence to J.R. Ricks: j...@dogwoodministries.org

image001.jpg