Take-A-Hike: Saturday, 11/23, 930am - Hollywood Sign from Bronson Canyon -

1 view

Tony B

Nov 21, 2019, 11:27:26 PM11/21/19
to Take-A-Hike LA

Oct 10
WHEN: Saturday, 11/23 - 930am / (HIKE BEGINS: 945am)

WHERE: HOLLYWOOD ICONS:  BRONSON CANYON (Batman Cave) and HOLLYWOOD SIGN (Griffith Park) / (3200 Canyon Drive):
(north of Franklin / West end of Griffith Park).

WHY: Come see one of the best views in LA from behind the Hollywood Sign and walk through a piece of TV History the "BATCAVE" as seen in the Batman TV series.

Two Hollywood icons in one hike. (Great for friends visiting)

(Stay Hydrated / Bring Water) / BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!

We'll start with a walk through of the bat caves which are part of an abandoned quarry from the 1920/30's. Then circle back to moderate climb up the fire roads to reach vistas with sweeping views of the city, observatory, ocean, Palos Verdes and Catalina Island. We continue around to another fire road that leads up and over to the Hollywood Sign, and are again rewarded with valley views of the San Gabriel Mountains, San Fernando Valley, and beyond. We eventually wind our way down back to the parking area.

Hike is approximately 2-2.5 hrs. and intermediate/advanced with a few steep sections.

(DOGS ARE WELCOME / BRING WATER)

HIKE LOCATION:
Please take Franklin to Canyon Drive - North on Canyon Drive toward the end of the road. Park in large lot, and wait for group. We will then walk to the trailhead.

For those who need a map, or use your navigation here is the address:
Bronson Canyon Park
3200 Canyon Drive
Los Angeles, California 90068