Hike = Leg Day - Sat. 9/28 - Los Liones to Parker Mesa Overlook

Tony B

Sep 27, 2019, 3:08:48 PM9/27/19
to Take-A-Hike LA
WHERE: LOS LIONES / Pacific Palisades (Topanga SP / Parker Mesa Overlook)
WHEN: SATURDAY, 9/28, 10am (leave parking area/trailhead at 1015am)

WHY: outdoor / social / cardio
WHO: 30+ people each week

For those who need a good leg and butt workout this is the hike for you, great hill climb with the payoff of amazing views of the Santa Monica bay.

We will meet at the Entrance / Trailhead at top of Los Liones (off Sunset Blvd / near PCH).   Los Liones trail leads up to one of my favorite overlooks with breathtaking views of Malibu, Santa Monica, and even DTLA.  You really see it all on this hike---forest-y nature, mountains, beaches, city views!  This is hike goes up the hill into Topanga State Park.   This hike is a not a loop, and includes single track and fire roads.

((No Dogs, as this is part of the Topanga State Park.))

This trail has a challenging elevation gain on the first half, and will wind back down on the return to the parking area.  It starts off with a fairly decent climb and is moderate and steady throughout. The hike is approx. 3.7 miles to Parker Mesa Overlook (7.4 miles round-trip), and will be about 2.5 hours in length (plan on being done around 1245/1pm).

More info / Map:
http://www.modernhiker.com/2010/01/04/hiking-los-liones-trail-to-parker-mesa