ERROR: New emulator backend requires minimum kernel version 3.10+

Ayman Youssef

May 1, 2016, 3:41:00 PM5/1/16
to TaintDroid
Hi,

I've downloaded and compiled TaintDroid (for Android 4.3.1) as per the instructions. I've finished the compiling successfully. Now I' stuck in the part where I have to create an AVD using the Android Emulator.

When I enter the following commands to spin-up a virtual instance of TaintDroid the above error (in the subject) appears to me, below is the full command line input and error message;

Input --

joe@ubuntu:~$ emulator -sysdir /home/joe/Android_Sourcecode/out/target/product/generic -system /home/joe/Android_Sourcecode/out/target/product/generic/system.img -ramdisk /home/joe/Android_Sourcecode/out/target/product/generic/ramdisk.img -data /home/joe/Android_Sourcecode/out/target/product/generic/userdata.img -kernel /home/joe/android-sdk-linux/system-images/android-18/default/armeabi-v7a/kernel-qemu

Error Output --

h: 1: glxinfo: not found
emulator: ERROR: New emulator backend requires minimum kernel version 3.10+ (currently got lower)
Please make sure you've got updated system images and do not force the specific kernel image together with the engine version

Appreciate your kind support to help me out on this.

Regards.

Ayman Youssef

May 2, 2016, 5:59:32 AM5/2/16
to TaintDroid
Hello,

I figured it out.

I re-did the compiling from the beginning but this time and removed previous images that were downloaded using the AVD manager. I recompiled first the android withtout taint droid then made a clean make and compiled the android with taintdroid. Now its working.

regards,

Ayman

Ayman Youssef

May 2, 2016, 12:08:23 PM5/2/16
to TaintDroid
It seems however that whenever I restart my machine the same error appears, and I have to create a new build, make clean and make all over again.

interesting note is that after the make, when I type emulator command without any other options, it automatically understands and launches the android virtual machine, but when I restart the machine, if I use the emulator command from the same folder, it states that I must define the -sysdir option, then requests that I use the -kernel option and reach to the same point.

Appreciate if anyone can advise, how to make it permanent.

Ayman Youssef