2 files needed for emulator to run taintdroid

wangsa

Apr 14, 2011, 12:27:28 AM4/14/11
to TaintDroid
Hello,

I'm learing taintdroid..
and i have successfully compiled it according to the tutorial from
this page:
https://gist.github.com/887998

The emulator start successfully, but when I open the Taintdroid apps,
and click the Start button, no response from the application.
I don't know whether the taintdroid is running or not.
how to make sure that taintdroid is running?

is there anyone who has successfully run the taintdroid in emulator?
I think for running the taintdroid in emulator, we only need two
files :
-> zImage, and
-> system.img

is there someone who want to share those 2 files?
i think there might be something wrong with my files.
Any assistance would be great.
and please excuse my poor english.
thank you.

Best regards,

Chandra Wangsa S
Student of Computer Science Department,
Bogor Agricultural University,
Indonesia

wangsa

Apr 14, 2011, 12:58:15 AM4/14/11
to TaintDroid
After waiting for a while..
finally, i got the notification. :)
i tested the Ddroiddream malware and it need several minutes for the
malware to send the IMEI.

well..
for those who want to try the taintdroid in emulator.
You can use these files..
here is the download link for 2 files needed in emulator (zImage and
system.img):
system.img (52.89MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/?r9om6chpot76jb9
zImage (1.4MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/?17opsw946nwsai0

김이현

Apr 14, 2011, 10:22:38 PM4/14/11
to taint...@googlegroups.com
wow thanks~ :)

I will try it  ;-)

Haoz Huang

May 11, 2011, 10:06:35 PM5/11/11
to TaintDroid
Hi Chandra,
Should I do something to the sdcard.img/ramdisk.img/userdata.img
(just create new one or? ) apart from zImage and system.img?
Huang
Student of Computer Science Department,
Tsinghua University
China
Message has been deleted

Jason Nguyen

Feb 17, 2016, 10:31:25 AM2/17/16
to TaintDroid
Thank wangsa,
I'm coming to run my TaintDroid on emulator too :-)