TaintDroid for Android 4.3_r1

bea...@ncsu.edu

Feb 7, 2014, 1:53:25 PM2/7/14
to taint...@googlegroups.com
The TaintDroid team is happy to announce the release of TaintDroid for Android 4.3_r1. The instructions for obtaining and building this version are available as usual on appanalysis.org.

We also have an issue tracker set up at https://code.google.com/p/taintdroid/ for reporting bugs with TaintDroid. If you notice any bugs with the new release of TaintDroid, or with any of the previous versions, please submit a bug report on the issue tracker. If you have a solution for the bug fix, please also submit it in the bug report. Since TaintDroid is maintained by a small group of people, you're feedback is greatly appreciated and crucial for the ongoing maintenance of TaintDroid.

We are also working on constructing a suite of regression tests for TaintDroid, which will be uploaded to Github as soon as it is complete.

-Ben Andow

Minh Dang

Feb 7, 2014, 6:20:50 PM2/7/14
to taint...@googlegroups.com
hello
I want to ask a question: for example, with my samsung galaxy note 3, how can i build taintdroid for my phone?

William Enck

Feb 10, 2014, 9:03:21 AM2/10/14
to taint...@googlegroups.com
Hi Minh,

First you will need to get AOSP built and working on your Galaxy Note 3. Only after you have this working should you attempt to replicate the instructions on appanalysis.org. Once this is working you may need to make some small changes in the device repository for your phone. You can see the relatively small diffs (using "git diff") in git://github.com/TaintDroid/device_samsung_manta.git

-Will

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Minh Dang <dangba...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello
I want to ask a question: for example, with my samsung galaxy note 3, how can i build taintdroid for my phone?

William Enck
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
North Carolina State University

kim minwoo

Feb 12, 2014, 7:28:31 AM2/12/14
to taint...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your Project...

I install TaintDroid 4.3 at Galaxy Nexus.

but TaintDroidNotify.apk doesn't work well......
TaintDroidNotify app doesn't send any warnings...

Could you check your source code(TaintDroid for Android 4.3_r1)...

I always appreciate for your help!!!!

2014년 2월 8일 토요일 오전 3시 53분 25초 UTC+9, bea...@ncsu.edu 님의 말:

bea...@ncsu.edu

Feb 12, 2014, 5:05:58 PM2/12/14
to taint...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting the issue! It should be fixed now. In the future, please report all bugs with TaintDroid to our issue tracker at https://code.google.com/p/taintdroid/.

Thanks again,
-Ben

Jason Nguyen

Nov 25, 2015, 10:25:37 PM11/25/15
to TaintDroid
Hi Benjamin Andow,
I have a Ubuntu 14.04 machine, and I'm building TaintDroid follow site http://appanalysis.org/download.html
But I got a problem in Step 2 "Get the TaintDroid souce code". After creating file local_manifest.xml then run command "repo sync", I received an error looked as bellow, please help me how to solve it.
Thanks

Fetching project TaintDroid/android_platform_frameworks_base
error: Cannot fetch TaintDroid/android_platform_frameworks_base (GitError: --force-sync not enabled; cannot overwrite a local work tree. If you're comfortable with the possibility of losing the work tree's git metadata, use `repo sync --force-sync frameworks/base` to proceed.)
Fetching project platform/packages/apps/Mms
Exception in thread Thread-22:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/chungnn/tdroid/tdroid-4.3_r1/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 265, in _FetchProjectList
    success = self._FetchHelper(opt, project, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/chungnn/tdroid/tdroid-4.3_r1/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 308, in _FetchHelper
    optimized_fetch=opt.optimized_fetch)
  File "/home/chungnn/tdroid/tdroid-4.3_r1/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1147, in Sync_NetworkHalf
    self._InitGitDir(force_sync=force_sync)
  File "/home/chungnn/tdroid/tdroid-4.3_r1/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2171, in _InitGitDir
    raise e
GitError: --force-sync not enabled; cannot overwrite a local work tree. If you're comfortable with the possibility of losing the work tree's git metadata, use `repo sync --force-sync frameworks/base` to proceed.

Fetching projects:   6% (22/364)
error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

well josie

Apr 3, 2016, 12:04:40 PM4/3/16
to TaintDroid
I have the same problem on ubuntu 12.04 machine,who can help?

Lukas

Apr 22, 2016, 7:21:39 AM4/22/16
to TaintDroid
I had the same problem - and I just added --force-sync as suggested in the error. Worked for me