Blank white front page after upgrading to Taiga 6.2.0

Chris Croome

Jun 11, 2021, 7:20:51 AMJun 11
to taigaio

Hi

I have a copy of Taiga installed via git on a development server which was working without any issues but after following the steps here: https://docs.taiga.io/upgrades-older.html to upgrade to 6.2.0 the site simply displays a blank page:

If you view the source of the page or look in the Nginx logs there is HTML being served without errors.

I'm not sure where to start to debug this -- I'm new to Taiga, does anyone have any suggestions?

All the best

Chris

Chris Croome

Jul 2, 2021, 5:48:25 AMJul 2
to taigaio
Hi

After removing the slack plugin everything works without an issue --
problem solved.

All the best

Chris

--
ch...@agile.coop
Message has been deleted

David Barragán

Jul 26, 2021, 4:41:53 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to Quentin Jackson, taigaio
Hi Quentin,

I'll try to answer your questions

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 12:50 AM Quentin Jackson <quen...@electropositive.co.nz> wrote:
Every now and then I come back and have a look at the official Taiga docker, personally I think there were some fundamental challenges with it at the beginning, particularly around it’s internal message queuing, however I see now that it has had some great minds come together and is progressing nicely.

A couple of questions for those that have gotten this running though:

  1. The instructions at https://github.com/kaleidos-ventures/taiga-docker talk about installing the docker and then starting the application via a script.  This makes no sense to me, dockers typically auto start.  Is this for building a docker rather than downloading and installing / running a docker image?  The docs could be clarified a bit in this regard.
As you can see in the repository, the script is just an alias, you can start taiga images with.

$ docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up -d $@

The other script is to start Taiga and Penpot, an opensource app to design and prototyping.

  1. Where is the docker image if it does exist (it does not seem to explain this on the above page, it has a lot of useful information, but seemingly misses how to get started with the basics, despite it’s title, or perhaps I’m just not seeing something.
The 4 docker images are hosted in DockerHub and the definition and code to generate each one in its respective repository:
  1. Has there been any work done to make this a single image rather than requiring docker compose?  I’ve been using the Taiga images at https://quay.io/repository/riotkit/taiga?tab=tags because of this very reason, but I’d like to get back to official if I could
No until now. A single image is an approximation that personally does not satisfy us. We prefer one container for one app/service, one container with one responsibility as the docker documentation recommend:
It is generally recommended that you separate areas of concern by using one service per container. That service may fork into multiple processes (for example, Apache web server starts multiple worker processes). It’s ok to have multiple processes, but to get the most benefit out of Docker, avoid one container being responsible for multiple aspects of your overall application. You can connect multiple containers using user-defined networks and shared volumes.
In addition, this solution is the most flexible for production environments because it allows us an easy horizontal scaling of the different components.

Many thanks,

You are welcome.

Best regards

Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
---

Logo Kaleidos David Barragán Merino
Engineer & Co-founder
kaleidos.net/FFF8E7

Este mensaje y sus archivos adjuntos van dirigidos exclusivamente a su destinatario, y pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a secreto profesional, o cuya divulgación esté legalmente prohibida. Cualquier opinión en él contenida es exclusiva de su autor y no representa necesariamente la opinión de la empresa. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos nos lo comunique de forma inmediata por esta misma vía y proceda a su eliminación, así como a la de cualquier documento adjunto al mismo. El correo electrónico vía Internet no es seguro y no se puede garantizar que no haya errores ya que puede ser interceptado, modificado, perdido o destruido, o contener virus. Cualquier persona que se ponga en contacto con nosotros por correo electrónico se considerará que asume estos riesgos.

KALEIDOS OPEN SOURCE se reserva las acciones legales que le correspondan contra todo tercero que acceda de forma ilegítima al contenido de cualquier mensaje externo procedente del mismo.

INFORMACIÓN PROTECCIÓN DE DATOS. Responsable: KALEIDOS OPEN SOURCE (B86241973)

Le informamos que sus datos identificativos y los contenidos en los correos electrónicos y ficheros adjuntos pueden ser incorporados a nuestras bases de datos con la finalidad de mantener relaciones profesionales y/o comerciales y, que serán conservados mientras se mantenga la relación. Si lo desea, puede ejercer su derecho a acceder, rectificar y suprimir sus datos y demás reconocidos normativamente dirigiéndose al correo emisor o en los datos del responsable. Para información y consultas visite nuestra web  https://kaleidos.net