Email not working/Can't change profile email address

Sacha El Masry

Jul 14, 2021, 4:09:28 PM7/14/21
to taigaio
Hi,

I've just set up a brand new instance of Taiga 6, and have populated it with multiple projects going back to Taiga 3.2, using Taiga's project importer.

I have two problems I can't seem to get fixed (which I've never had before in my long Taiga use):

1. When I go to "Edit profile" of my username (or any other user in the system), I can't change the email address. Changing it returns the following message:

"Oops, something went wrong...Your changes were not saved!"

verifying an email results in a similar error message:

"Oops, something went wrong...Unable to verify this email address"

How can I get more information on what produced this error? Which container's logs must I inspect?

2. No notification emails are sent to any user, but this is likely to be related to (1)

I am using the following valid configuration:

EMAIL_BACKEND: "django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend"
DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL: "no-reply@..."
EMAIL_USE_TLS: "True"
EMAIL_USE_SSL: "True"
EMAIL_HOST: "in-v3.mailjet.com"
EMAIL_PORT: 587
EMAIL_HOST_USER: "..."
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD: "..."

I have tested this SMTP server in Thunderbird and it sends correctly, and have also (for debugging) used another known working SMTP configuration, with no improvement.

Can you help me debug this problem please?