"Method 'GET' not allowed." when inviting a new member

Georg Zangl

Sep 17, 2021, 3:02:58 AMSep 17
to taigaio
Dear All,
I have installed Taiga from source with the step-by-step guide. I'm running it on a AWS EC2 server and using a Elastic Load Balancer with SSL Certificate to manage HTTPS.
All Taiga services run, rabbitmq is ok and I can create projects, user stories etc.

But I can't invite a new project member. After filling in the email address and assigning the role, when I click on "Invite" the browser rejects it with:
"XHR POST https://taiga.mydomain.com/api/v1/memberships/bulk_create [HTTP/2 500 Internal Server Error 684ms]"

If I paste the URL "https://taiga.mydomain.com/api/v1/memberships/bulk_create" into the browser window, I get following error message:
"_error_message: Method 'GET' not allowed.
 _error_type: taiga.base.exceptions.MethodNotAllowed"

I believe, the reason is the load balancer in combinaiton with the nginx configuration, as the server runs on port 80, but is configured for HTTPS (using a local certificate failed).

Can somebody help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Georg

Björn Pedersen

Sep 17, 2021, 5:25:53 AMSep 17
to taigaio
Georg Zangl schrieb am Freitag, 17. September 2021 um 09:02:58 UTC+2:
Dear All,
I have installed Taiga from source with the step-by-step guide. I'm running it on a AWS EC2 server and using a Elastic Load Balancer with SSL Certificate to manage HTTPS.
All Taiga services run, rabbitmq is ok and I can create projects, user stories etc.

But I can't invite a new project member. After filling in the email address and assigning the role, when I click on "Invite" the browser rejects it with:
"XHR POST https://taiga.mydomain.com/api/v1/memberships/bulk_create [HTTP/2 500 Internal Server Error 684ms]"

you need to take a look at the logs from taiga-back, there seems to happen an internal error.

If I paste the URL "https://taiga.mydomain.com/api/v1/memberships/bulk_create" into the browser window, I get following error message:
"_error_message: Method 'GET' not allowed.
 _error_type: taiga.base.exceptions.MethodNotAllowed"

This  is expected, that  endpoint does not support GET requests.

I believe, the reason is the load balancer in combinaiton with the nginx configuration, as the server runs on port 80, but is configured for HTTPS (using a local certificate failed).

I don't think that is  the problem.

Georg Zangl

Sep 17, 2021, 7:17:09 AMSep 17
to taigaio
Dear Björn,
thanks for your quick response. I have only nginx logs in the log folder. How can I see or activate taiga-back logs?
Thanks
Georg

Björn Pedersen

Sep 17, 2021, 8:36:40 AMSep 17
to taigaio
Assuming that  you are using docker-compose:

docker-compose logs  taiga-back

Georg Zangl

Sep 17, 2021, 8:36:57 AMSep 17
to taigaio
I have used  journalctl -u taiga  to see any error, but there are no recent messages.

Georg Zangl

Sep 17, 2021, 8:37:25 AMSep 17
to taigaio
no, I have installed it from source.

Georg Zangl

Sep 17, 2021, 9:16:48 AMSep 17
to taigaio
Dear Björn,
I could resolve the issue. In fact, I didn't scroll down in the taiga-back log, when writing the earlier message.
Now I have identified the problem: it was a wrong intent of one parameter in the config.py file. I had a tab instead of a blank.
Also, my email had a typo.
After correcting both, it works :)
Thanks for your time and best regards
Georg