change ip address

Oleg Ovchinnikov

Dec 18, 2020, 4:14:41 AM12/18/20
to taigaio
Hi everyone!
few year ago my colleague installed taiga
all this time it works fine and takes no attention
now I need to change taiga-front ip address
after changing IP I'm getting message like "something happend and our Oompa Loompas are working on it"
in my case taiga-back installed on a separate VM
when I rollback IP address taiga works again
How should i "target" taiga-back to the new taiga-front IP address?

Gyorgy Marton

Dec 18, 2020, 9:11:39 AM12/18/20
to taigaio
Hi,
I think if you update ~/taiga-front/dist/conf.json and restart taiga it should work.
If you have https and have events enabled use wss:// instead of ws://
The default for api is: "api": "/api/v1/", but you may have to add ip or change it if it is the old ip.

{
    "eventsUrl": "ws://XX.XX.XX.XX/events",
..
..
]
}

You might also need check and update ~/taiga-back/settings/local.py

MEDIA_URL = "http://
XX.XX.XX.XX/media/"
STATIC_URL = "http://
XX.XX.XX.XX/static/"