extending taiga back

Mohammadreza Nazari

Apr 10, 2021, 3:34:18 AM4/10/21
to taigaio

Hi,
My name is Mohammadreza and I'm a django developer. I wanted to use taiga as a task manager but I wanted to make some changes.
I haven't used open source projects before and i need some helps with it.
I wanted to connect its backend to a calendar which I coded myself and keep an id of the task in that calendar in my task manager.
I also wanted to add a new signal to send an API to my calendar.
My custom frontend is also written in react js.What do you suggest?
Is it better to make changes in the code base or as a plugin? And if it is better with plugins how can I do it?
I would be pleased if you reply.