Taiga Documentation Incomplete

quen...@electropositive.co.nz

Jul 24, 2021, 9:48:13 PM7/24/21
to taigaio
Dear Taiga personnel,

Your documentation e.g. here: https://resources.taiga.io/30min-setup/ is missing a crucial part in my opinion.

The documentation says it's a 30 minute setup for a production instance.  However, it only provides configuration instructions for localhost, which is clearly not a production instance in any normal company as far as I have ever known, what am I missing?

I note the extensive number of questions in these forums surrounding this space, partiulcarly proxy and https, because I think, the documentation sets us on the wrong journey right from the start in that it's not clear what we're even connecting to.

I am still trying to figure out how this is meant to all fit together (have only successfully gotten this to work with 3rd party all-in-one containers so far), but I would think an architectural diagram of how it all fits together would be an extremely welcome addition.

In most organisations, you will connect to Taiga from a host that is not taiga.  Further where external access is required, most organisations will have an external proxy which may not be nginx that also needs to connect in the same way.

Resolving this gap in the first start documentation such as above would reduce extremely the amount of questions and confusion around this point.

I would be more than happy to support identifying this gap more specifically alongside you and help write it up if that is what you require.
In the mean time I'll keep trying in case I can clarify further back to the group.

ps.  It would also be really really nice to have an omnibus container available.

Thankyou.