Move to top option

Scott Johnson

May 2, 2021, 1:04:27 PM (6 days ago) May 2
to taigaio
Hi There:

I'm Scott, I implemented the following feature in taiga-front:

I am thinking of adding more to this. Specifically, I would like to add a setting that allows new stories to be added to the _top_ of the backlog, by default. This is _slightly_ more complicated than the previous feature, although, not by a lot.

First, I was wondering if there are guidelines for modifying the settings view. I don't often develop in Coffeescript and the jade template engine, so I want to make sure that I'm not overlooking some easy path to laying out a new setting.

Second, I'm wondering if the best place for this is in the core code or a plugin? I don't know the plugin API for taiga that well, but this seems to me to be right on the border of where a plugin might be a better fit. That said, it's such a small piece of work that it might be easier just to include it in the frontend directly.

Thanks, and I look forward to getting this in as soon as I have some extra time!

~Scott

German Porta

May 3, 2021, 8:29:22 AM (5 days ago) May 3
to taigaio
Hi Scott! IMHO it is great you are working on this. Having the choice of setting by default that new stories are added to the top of the backlog (in both, Scrum and Kanban boards) is IMHO a very needed one, especially when the functionality of the Create Story is very limited (for instance, the Rich Text Editor is not present, as well as other actions for which you are almost constrained to add a new story as "barebones" and right after go and find it to open it in Edit mode and be able to complete the story. So I just wanted to say thanks!!!!
German

Scott Johnson

May 3, 2021, 1:17:18 PM (5 days ago) May 3
to German Porta, taigaio
Hi German:

Thanks for the message. Also, I didn't even consider the Kanban option, so that helped me think about it more globally.

Cheers,

Scott

--
Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md