Show due date icons for Tasks in Kanban expended view

Es Ka

May 12, 2021, 9:07:55 AM5/12/21
to taigaio
Hey,

while operating within expended view of a kanban, I find myself diving into invidiual tasks over and over again while checking for due dates of individual tasks within an user story.

I believe it would be a great addition to display the due date clock icons next to the task within the expended view. This would allow for faster navigation for due dates accross all tasks within multiple stories.

Cheers!

quen...@electropositive.co.nz

May 12, 2021, 2:54:50 PM5/12/21
to taigaio
I would just like to point out the obvious that if you're using dates, it's not really agile.

Kanban as far as I'm aware is a pull when ready system, not a 'I must to get it finished by some prescribed date system'.  That said, I don't mean to be unhelpful and there are times when dates are useful.  As long as the system isn't designed in such a way that the prominence of dates sends the wrong messages or lessons to others that should be OK.

I'm sure there are other fields that people would like displayed on the cards too, so perhaps a better way might be to make any of the items within the task an optional item to display next to the task?  (I think you mean on the card?)

Thanks.

Miryam González Duque

May 13, 2021, 9:15:18 AM5/13/21
to taigaio
Hi!

Cards on the taskboard and on the kanban, both displayed the icon for due date in the detailed zoom level and expanded (as you can see in the attached screenshots). Are you using Taiga.io or a self-hosted Taiga? Maybe you need to update.

Best regards!
Miryam

taskboard.png
kanban.png

Miryam González Duque

May 13, 2021, 10:05:13 AM5/13/21
to taigaio
Sorry, it seems that I did not understand you correctly. Now I know you mean the list of tasks in a user story on kanban. You're right, we don't show more information other than whether the task is open or closed.
I recommend you create a feature request in the project we have for this (here is the link https://tree.taiga.io/project/taiga/issues) so we can do an evaluation and you be in the loop.

Best regards,
Miryam

Es Ka

May 17, 2021, 7:52:44 AM5/17/21
to taigaio
Perfekt, thank you all for the detailed feedback.

I'll open a feature request :)

Cheers!