Accessing Taiga APIs from another docker container

Neil K

Jul 12, 2021, 10:46:11 AMJul 12
to taigaio
Hi

I'm starting out with Taiga and it looks very good!

I'm running it locally using docker and am trying to integrate it with n8n for automation (https://n8n.io). I can connect to the Taiga API using postman with the address http://localhost:9000.

First, I tried using the default bridge. As taiga runs using docker-compose, followed these instructions to try get it to be added to the bridge: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43754095/how-to-join-the-default-bridge-network-with-docker-compose-v2

When that didn’t work, I read the docker pages and created a user defined bridge: https://docs.docker.com/network/bridge/#connect-a-container-to-a-user-defined-bridge

Then, one by one, I connected the various Taiga containers: gateway_1, async_1, back_1, async-rabbitmq_1, front_1, protected_1, db_1

Each time I tried updating the URL in the to the IP address I found using docker network inspect mynet, e.g. http://172.23.0.9:9000 but n8n still can't connect.

My questions at the moment:

  1. Any clue as to which Taiga container will be the one to connect to?
  2. Do I need to use the full IPv4 address (172.23.0.9/16) or as I’ve written above without the trailing slash?