is there is a best way to modify a Taiga-front for a production environment ?

jay jeremie

Nov 7, 2016, 10:58:48 AM11/7/16
to taigaio
Hi,

I just play around with taiga front and made some few mods in my fork, mostly because i want to disable parts of taiga not used by my users.
Now, i want to push my mods to the production environment and need some advices from you ?

What will be the best way to do this :
A Plugin ? how to proceed ?
maintaining my own stable branch with my mods ? in that case, does a gulp deploy will be sufficient or do i need to do extrastuff in the front part ?

thanks,
jérémie

Juan Francisco Alcántara

Nov 8, 2016, 8:09:38 AM11/8/16
to jay jeremie, taigaio
Hi,

I think plugins are a good option

If your modifications only add new pages you can use this approach https://github.com/taigaio/taiga-contrib-slack. In this example the code load dynamically.

Regards,

--
Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

ja...@crazypictures.se

Nov 8, 2016, 9:57:46 AM11/8/16
to taigaio, jeremi...@gmail.com
Hi! Sorry for stealing the thread a bit, but it's almost the same question.
I'm trying to add more info to the Projects Dashboard (Working on). I have found where to add the code within taiga-front but for me it seems like I have to compile the whole taiga-front to be able to use the code. Is there an better way to change info from a page like Project Dashboard?

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 14:09:38 UTC+1, Juan Francisco Alcántara wrote:
[...]

James Vreeken

Nov 9, 2016, 2:30:59 PM11/9/16
to taigaio
I'm wondering the same thing...

Even if there was a simple "Extra CSS" field in the django admin that would be applied sitewide, that would suffice so I could just straight up hide things I didn't want to be shown or make quick style changes to themes.

Is there a theme dev guide at all?

Can we add any front end code to say for example validate custom text fields, or apply input masking using for example, a jquery plugin like validate.js ?

Any ideas on the best way to go about adding additional basic functionality like that?

The custom fields are what drew me to taiga, but I want to be able to apply input validation and input masking.

Juan Francisco Alcántara

Nov 10, 2016, 2:56:22 AM11/10/16
to ja...@crazypictures.se, taigaio, jay jeremie
@jacob

I made a small example overwriting the dashboard directive  https://github.com/juanfran/taiga-override-directive-example

This example is made in js and load dynamically so you don't have to compile anything.

Juan Francisco Alcántara

Nov 10, 2016, 3:09:18 AM11/10/16
to James Vreeken, taigaio
Hi James

look at this example https://github.com/juanfran/taiga-override-directive-example, you can add any js and css file you want or you can make a theme https://taigaio.github.io/taiga-doc/dist/#themes

Would this be enough?

thanks all for your feedback

--
Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
---

ja...@crazypictures.se

Nov 10, 2016, 5:47:22 AM11/10/16
to taigaio, jamesv...@gmail.com
Thanks for your work Juan!
I wish to just change or add small parts of the complete dashboard, namely small parts of duty.jade's code.
I tried and you can't just add the old jade-code (surprise surprise). I tried some other ways to get the default dashboard back so I can change only a small snippet of the code but without resultat.
How should I approach to be able to just edit small parts of the original code with this system? Is it possible to replace the original duty.jade instead of the index.html for the dashboard?
Thanks!

Gyorgy Marton

Dec 8, 2020, 11:34:40 AM12/8/20
to taigaio
Hi,
I know this is old but I was looking for same thing so based on Juan's example I created this plugin to hide #references and votes: https://github.com/gmarton/taiga-ui-mods
Not used in my case so the css hides those elements.

Would still like to know how to change the clock-icon on kanban and backlog to show actual due date instead of icon or add another column with a plugin to show due date.
I was able to to this by editing the code but it would be better to do it with plugin in my opinion.

Mohammed ECHARHBILI

Jan 27, 2021, 5:16:27 PM1/27/21
to taigaio

hey guys,i just want to clear an idea here, am i allowed to self host taiga (or any other open source software) in a private hosting and commercialize it on my own to my users as for a subscription buisness model (saas)? or should i first fork it and make some changes to it then do the marketingafter i made changes either to the front end or the backend of this application.? thank you in advance.