New Tagzania

Mikel Lizarralde

Nov 26, 2008, 5:33:43 AM11/26/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

this is the new Tagzania.

Hope you like it. If not, we're here to listen what you think.

Mikel

--
Mikel Lizarralde

tagzania.com
codesyntax.com

Azitaingo Industrialdea 3K
E-20600 EIBAR

Tel: (+34) 943 82 17 80

Jason

Nov 26, 2008, 5:58:44 AM11/26/08
to Tagzania
The new Tagzania looks good on first glance; however, I can't figure
out how to use one of my favorite features of the site: viewing all of
my tagged sites on one big world map. How do I do this on the new
Tagzania?

On Nov 26, 11:33 am, "Mikel Lizarralde" <mlizarra...@tagzania.com>

Gari Araolaza

Nov 26, 2008, 6:32:42 AM11/26/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Jason <jasonm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The new Tagzania looks good on first glance; however, I can't figure
> out how to use one of my favorite features of the site: viewing all of
> my tagged sites on one big world map. How do I do this on the new
> Tagzania?

Hi Jason,

What's your username? You can easily do it in this url:

http://www.tagzania.com/paste/user/PUT_HERE_YOUR_USERNAME/?n=200

In this case, we are requesting 200 places. We are limited at the
moment to 200 items.

We've noticed that the link is missing in the user's page, but we'll
add it, no doubt.

Thanks for using Tagzania

Gari

--
Garikoitz Araolaza
Tagzania / CodeSyntax
garaolaza at tagzania.com
Tel: +34 943 82 17 80

Your maps in Tagzania
http://www.tagzania.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sign

Jason Hurwitz

Nov 26, 2008, 6:35:51 AM11/26/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gari,

I tried using the link you sent, but it brings up a blank world map.  Hellllppppp!!!!

i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:32:42 +0100
> From: gar...@gmail.com
> To: tagz...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [tagzania] Re: New Tagzania

Gari Araolaza

Nov 26, 2008, 6:49:43 AM11/26/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
What's your username in Tagzania?

Gari

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Jason Hurwitz
<jasonm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gari,
>
> I tried using the link you sent, but it brings up a blank world map.
> Hellllppppp!!!!

Jason Hurwitz

Nov 26, 2008, 8:56:41 AM11/26/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
hurwizzle

i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:49:43 +0100

Mikel Lizarralde

Nov 26, 2008, 10:00:16 AM11/26/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

there's something wrong in our database with that user, we'll fix the problem as soon as possible. We'll write you when we do it.

Mikel

Mikel Lizarralde

Nov 27, 2008, 7:46:21 AM11/27/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

I think we've fixed it.

Have a look:

http://www.tagzania.com/paste/user/hurwizzle/?n=200

Mikel

Jason Hurwitz

Nov 27, 2008, 9:54:32 AM11/27/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks!

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:46:21 +0100
From: mliza...@tagzania.com

m...@katastro.fi

Nov 28, 2008, 3:59:55 AM11/28/08
to Tagzania
Hi!

Lovely to see the new Tagzania, looks great! Thank you for providing
this.

I have a little problem still. All of my tags included links to videos
(direct links to Vimeo, I don't use YouTube). I have placed the links
there manually, one by one. Now I don't see these links anywhere! I'm
very worried if I have to do this time consuming work again?

All the best,
mkk

On Nov 26, 12:33 pm, "Mikel Lizarralde" <mlizarra...@tagzania.com>

Mikel Lizarralde

Nov 28, 2008, 4:19:46 AM11/28/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mkk,

First of all, we're happy you like new Tagzania.

Your problem with videos is something we have to fix. Those links are in our database and we have to upload them to Tagzania. Thanks for remembering it, we'll try to do it as soon as possible, and sorry for any inconvenience we've origined.

Thanks for using Tagzania!

Mikel

m...@katastro.fi

Nov 28, 2008, 8:09:38 AM11/28/08
to Tagzania
How wonderful! Thank you very much, I appreciate this!

mkk

Kaixo

Dec 1, 2008, 12:27:27 PM12/1/08
to Tagzania
Hi

I like the new face of Tagzania, congratulations!

I have a question

¿how can I retrieve de coordinates of a tagzania place?

In the old version the coordinates were visible. I use the coordinates
in my GPS system.

¿Is this a limitation of the new version?

Thanks in advance

Kaixo

Webmaster Itxaspe

Dec 1, 2008, 1:08:59 PM12/1/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
My congratulations !!!
It looks very good! I will try to look more deep, but at a first glance it's a very good change!!! ;)

Koro

2008/12/1 Kaixo <amaia...@gmail.com>

--
Te invito a Suscribirte al boletín de itxaspe, estar informado y conseguir premios: http://www.itxaspe.com/Suscribete

PD: Rogaría acuse de recibo del mensaje.
http://www.itxaspe.com

Si no recibis contestación en un par de días, volver a intentarlo (parece que gmail de vez en cuando falla)

makeijan

Dec 2, 2008, 4:06:40 AM12/2/08
to Tagzania
Hi,

Nice interface, I love the new icons feature, but:
* I miss a few (I use to tag old castles, and towers for example, and
they don't fit into any of the available icons).
* what I miss most, is the add (+) feature. Maybe you just changed the
(code)syntax ;-). I used to enter two tags, restaurant+pontevedra, or
that one in my blog that no longer work http://www.tagzania.com/user/makeijan/Valladolid%2BCastelo
* And what about multilanguage support? English, Spanish and Basque is
not enough ;-)

On Dec 1, 7:08 pm, "Webmaster Itxaspe" <itxa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My congratulations !!!
> It looks very good! I will try to look more deep, but at a first glance it's
> a very good change!!! ;)
>
> Koro
>
> 2008/12/1 Kaixo <amaia.ju...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hi
>
> > I like the new face of Tagzania, congratulations!
>
> > I have a question
>
> > ¿how can I retrieve de coordinates of a tagzania place?
>
> > In the old version the coordinates were visible. I use the coordinates
> > in my GPS system.
>
> > ¿Is this a limitation of the new version?
>
> > Thanks in advance
>
> > Kaixo
>
> > On 26 nov, 11:33, "Mikel Lizarralde" <mlizarra...@tagzania.com> wrote:
> > > Dear friends,
>
> > > this is the new Tagzania.
>
> > > Hope you like it. If not, we're here to listen what you think.
>
> > > Mikel
>
> > > --
> > > Mikel Lizarralde
>
> > > tagzania.com
> > > codesyntax.com
>
> > > Azitaingo Industrialdea 3K
> > > E-20600 EIBAR
>
> > > Tel: (+34) 943 82 17 80
>
> --
> Te invito a Suscribirte al boletín de itxaspe, estar informado y conseguir
> premios:http://www.itxaspe.com/Suscribete
>
> PD: Rogaría acuse de recibo del mensaje.http://www.itxaspe.com

Mikel Lizarralde

Dec 2, 2008, 4:43:16 AM12/2/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amaia,

You're right, in this new version the coordinates are hidden. We use that information to locate points, but we don't show it. Our idea was "cleaning" the interface, but maybe we should show every points' coordinates.

Thanks for your email, we'll think about it.

Mikel

Mikel Lizarralde

Dec 2, 2008, 4:43:44 AM12/2/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Koro!

Mikel

Mikel Lizarralde

Dec 2, 2008, 5:18:07 AM12/2/08
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Makeijan,

I'm glad you like this new interface.

- We know that those icons don't fit with all users. Our idea is to analyse how you use these ones and changing them in the future. We take note about the Castles and towers icons.

- It seems there's something wrong with tag combinations. We'll fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the problems :-(.

- Finally, we'll have some new languages soon. As you know we're Basque speakers, a minority language, so we understand what you mention. We'll work hard to have old version's languages back soon.

Thanks for your time Makeijan, and for your patience also ;-).

Mikel