New Firefox addon with tagzania support

tones

Jul 2, 2007, 8:40:22 AM7/2/07
to Tagzania
Hi Folks, please forgive this blatant plugging :(

I have been working on a Firefox extension called the minimap sidebar
(http://firefox.spatialviews.com) and have added support for posting
to tagzania. PLEASE NOTE this functionality is new in version 0.0.8
and will not be up on my site until 19.00 GMT today.

In summary, the extension is a persistent map in your sidebar, and you
can drag and drop addresses you find on webpages onto the sidebar and
it is geocoded and added onto the address list (also stores the wepage
url). This is stored locally in your firefox profile so you can build
up a list of locations as you browse the web which are stored for use
whenever your start up your pc/browser.

You can also manually add locations. The tagzania functionality is
found in the right-click menu of the addresslist for any locations you
have saved. For example, go to a wepage that has an address on it,
such as www.flock.com, go to the footer, highlight that address and
drop it onto your sidebar. It should geocode and add the placemark.
You can go around and add as many as you like from around this
interweb thingy.
Now, right click on this flock address location, select Tagzania: Post
to.. and voila!

If you cannot wait until tonight to try this out, the 0.0.8 version is
available in the Mozilla Sandbox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5203

You need to register for Mozillas site and enable sandbox access in
your 'My Account' settings.

Best wishes, feedback welcome, tones

Luistxo Fernandez

Jul 2, 2007, 10:27:33 AM7/2/07
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
At 14:40 2007/07/02, you wrote:

>Hi Folks, please forgive this blatant plugging :(
>
>I have been working on a Firefox extension called the minimap sidebar
>(http://firefox.spatialviews.com) and have added support for posting
>to tagzania. PLEASE NOTE this functionality is new in version 0.0.8
>and will not be up on my site until 19.00 GMT today.

I installed the Sandbox version and it looks cool. Thanks for including Tagzania into the options.

We'll wait until official to post about it in our blog, OK?

>(...)

>Now, right click on this flock address location, select Tagzania: Post
>to.. and voila!

Luistxo Fernandez - LFern...@codesyntax.com
675 706 553 - http://www.tagzania.com

CodeSyntax (+34) 943 821 780
http://www.codesyntax.com
Azitain Pol. 3-K
Eibar E-20600

tones

Jul 2, 2007, 11:46:58 AM7/2/07
to Tagzania
Hi Luistxo

Thanks for checking it out!

It can take a number of weeks before Mozilla move it from the sandbox
to the official site, but once it is on there you are more than
welcome to blog about it :-)

The more reviews on the sandbox the better of course ;)

Now I have just gone too far, shameless plug AND review baiting :(

tony

PS - Couple of minor feature changes I need to make tonight such as
ability to specify url and description when manually adding location,
and I would also like to see if I can grab the description from the
page head meta when you drag and drop. This will all be in 0.0.9

Any other feature requests??

On Jul 2, 3:27 pm, Luistxo Fernandez <LFernan...@codesyntax.com>
wrote:

> At 14:40 2007/07/02, you wrote:
>
> >Hi Folks, please forgive this blatant plugging :(
>
> >I have been working on a Firefox extension called the minimap sidebar
> >(http://firefox.spatialviews.com) and have added support for posting
> >to tagzania. PLEASE NOTE this functionality is new in version 0.0.8
> >and will not be up on my site until 19.00 GMT today.
>
> I installed the Sandbox version and it looks cool. Thanks for including Tagzania into the options.
>
> We'll wait until official to post about it in our blog, OK?
>
> >(...)
> >Now, right click on this flock address location, select Tagzania: Post
> >to.. and voila!
>

> Luistxo Fernandez - LFernan...@codesyntax.com
> 675 706 553 -http://www.tagzania.com
>
> CodeSyntax (+34) 943 821 780http://www.codesyntax.com

Tagzania

Jul 3, 2007, 9:21:03 AM7/3/07
to tagz...@googlegroups.com
At 17:46 2007/07/02, you wrote:

>Thanks for checking it out!
>
>It can take a number of weeks before Mozilla move it from the sandbox
>to the official site, but once it is on there you are more than
>welcome to blog about it :-)
>
>The more reviews on the sandbox the better of course ;)

OK. If you, dear Tagzanians, happen to be Firefox users and fans, and
you want to push this mapping app in Mozilla, get it out of the
Sandbox to the official ranks of the approved addons, do the
following:

1. Register at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/users/register
2. Once registered and logged in, check the Show Sandbox option at
your account page, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/users/edit
3. Review or discuss the tool at

Thanks in advance.

>PS - Couple of minor feature changes I need to make tonight such as
>ability to specify url and description when manually adding location,
>and I would also like to see if I can grab the description from the
>page head meta when you drag and drop. This will all be in 0.0.9

We see that you included Tagzania's suggestions. Thanks a lot, Tony.
There's some problem from Tagzania's part so descriptions cannot be
passed to the posting interface for the moment... but anyway, we think
the tool is nice and useful.

We see that the updated version is already at http://firefox.spatialviews.com/

You are all invited to test and use this tool.

Tagzania