Not using all my words

Ramona Lowe

May 12, 2011, 5:47:14 PM5/12/11
to Tagxedo
Tagxedo isn't using all the words I am uploading. I am trying to use
the Witch's Hat and was able to use a lot of words last time, but for
some reason this time every version leaves out a good portion of the
words. Am I missing something? Is there a particular setting I've
missed?
Thanks

Kwok-Shing Leung

May 12, 2011, 6:11:14 PM5/12/11
to Tagxedo
There are many possible reasons why words are dropped.

Word is a "stop word" (is, are, etc)
Words got "stemmed" (fly = flies)
Shape is too complicated
Not enough words (so some words become too big to fit)
Font is tricky

In general fitting words to shape exactly is a very hard problem.

The only way to guarantee all words are used is to use "classic
shape" (aka shapeless) or to reduce the tightness (but words will not
fill the shape).

-- Hardy

Ramona Lowe

May 13, 2011, 1:20:48 PM5/13/11