modifiers

ag

May 8, 2011, 8:20:04 PM5/8/11
to Tagxedo
Hi...I'm wondering if I could get a little more explanation of how to
use the frequency modifiers? I have read the blog post about
"customizing individual words - color, angle, and font" but am still
missing something. When I enter a frequency modifier and a color
modifier, is there a way to only have that word show up in color once
instead of every instance of the word being that color? What other
settings need to be set? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kwok-Shing Leung

May 8, 2011, 10:25:24 PM5/8/11
to Tagxedo
Hi there,

You raise a very good question. It's tricky when you have conflicting
modifiers, or that you want the same word to have different multiplier
effects. I don't have a formal "spec" of how the tool should handle
it, but basically a word with a modifier trumps a word without a
modifier, and the non-specific word is lumped into the more specific
word.

If you want very sophisticated control of words, you can set "Combine
Identical Words" to "No" and then you can specify different modifier
effects for different words.

If you don't want to do that, you can also use "~" as a hack. For
example, if you want a single instance of the word "Mother" to show up
differently than other words, you can specify "Mother~:#ff0000:@0",
etc. "Mother" and "Mother~" are considered different words.

Hope this helps.

There are two ways