display in browsers

Gwen Harron

Apr 4, 2011, 11:45:35 PM4/4/11
to Tagxedo
I'm wondering why my Tagxedo production displays well during
production and when viewing it as a file saved to my computer, but
when viewing in Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer,
the words are messed up, overlapping each other.

Hardy Leung

Apr 4, 2011, 11:56:29 PM4/4/11
to Tagxedo
Not sure what you mean. Do you have some screenshot? -- Hardy

Gwen Harron

Apr 12, 2011, 8:09:11 PM4/12/11
to Tagxedo
Not sure if my previous message went through. How do I include a
screen shot and file in this forum? I took a screen shot, as you
suggested, but I'm finding no means to include it here for your
viewing.

Hardy Leung

Apr 13, 2011, 11:55:56 AM4/13/11
to Tagxedo
You can upload the image to http://imgur.com and post a link here.

Gwen Harron

Apr 14, 2011, 1:45:03 AM4/14/11
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Hardy,
I went to the link you provided, but with all of those "link" boxes, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to type something in them or not.  I uploaded the tagxedo doc but don't see a "submit" button or anything of the sort, so I don't know what the next step is.  ??  Thus, I'm providing the document in this email, along with the web link.  The colors of the file versus the linked image differ, but it's basically the same file, and no matter what shape (palm tree, turtle from Tagxedo, or footprint from Tagxedo) I used, I get the same jumbled results.  I'm using a MacBook Pro, and Microsoft Silverlight had to be downloaded to enter Tagxedo and "create".

http://www.tagxedo.com/artful/61b13028363a47a1

http://www.tagxedo.com/artful/30d3ebe301154afb

Gwen
--
Gwen Harron

screenshottagxedo.jpg
TurtleinParadisetagxedo.jpg
TurtleinParadisetagxedoforupload.jpg
Turtle4tagxedo.jpg

Hardy Leung

Apr 14, 2011, 2:10:42 AM4/14/11
to Tagxedo
Gwen,

I see what the problem is. There is a bug in the Tagxedo viewer such
that it does not handle multi-line text correctly. In fact, I find
this bug so annoying that I have been thinking of disabling multiline
text.

For now, instead of using "Turtle~in~Paradise", use
"Turtle~~in~~Paradise" instead. This way all words will be on the same
line. It may not look as good, but at least the result is consistent.
Of course, if you only want to get a JPG you can go either way. The
problem is only that you save it and then view it later.

Sorry about that. This bug in on my list but the priority is low.

-- Hardy

On Apr 13, 10:45 pm, Gwen Harron <gharron3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hardy,
> I went to the link you provided, but with all of those "link" boxes, I'm not
> sure if I'm supposed to type something in them or not.  I uploaded the
> tagxedo doc but don't see a "submit" button or anything of the sort, so I
> don't know what the next step is.  ??  Thus, I'm providing the document in
> this email, along with the web link.  The colors of the file versus the
> linked image differ, but it's basically the same file, and no matter what
> shape (palm tree, turtle from Tagxedo, or footprint from Tagxedo) I used, I
> get the same jumbled results.  I'm using a MacBook Pro, and Microsoft
> Silverlight had to be downloaded to enter Tagxedo and "create".
>
> http://www.tagxedo.com/artful/61b13028363a47a1
>
> http://www.tagxedo.com/artful/30d3ebe301154afb
>
> Gwen
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Hardy Leung <ksle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can upload the image tohttp://imgur.comand post a link here.
>
> > On Apr 12, 5:09 pm, Gwen Harron <gharron3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Not sure if my previous message went through.  How do I include a
> > > screen shot and file in this forum?  I took a screen shot, as you
> > > suggested, but I'm finding no means to include it here for your
> > > viewing.

> > Explorer,
>
> --
> Gwen Harron
>
>  screenshottagxedo.jpg
> 280KViewDownload
>
>  TurtleinParadisetagxedo.jpg
> 44KViewDownload
>
>  TurtleinParadisetagxedoforupload.jpg
> 47KViewDownload
>
>  Turtle4tagxedo.jpg
> 53KViewDownload

Gwen Harron

Apr 14, 2011, 7:01:40 AM4/14/11
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Hardy.  At least I know it's the program and not me!  I appreciate it!
Gwen
--
Gwen Harron