Re: Inverting a shape

Hardy Leung

Apr 27, 2011, 7:31:35 PM4/27/11
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Jemma,

Currently there is no way to do what you want, although I understand
such need (I want that feature too!). A workaround (that I use) is to:

1. select the shape
2. enter some dummy text such as "a" and submit (so nothing shows up).
3. show the shape
4. screen capture as an image
5. crop to the shape, and save as an image
6. shape -> add image; now you can select the Interior to be either
"Black" or "White"

Hope this help!

-- Hardy

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Jemma <jim...@dreamj.co.uk> wrote:
> First THANK YOU for such a wonderful improvement on Wordle!
>
> I've looked and looked and can't find how to invert a standard shape -
> it may not be possible!
> What I'd like to do is create a heart shaped frame of words (and put a
> photo in the middle for a scrapbook page) - I can create the heart
> filled with words, but would like use the inverse of the shape.
>
> Your gallery shows several examples and I know I can do the inverse
> thing with custom shapes ... but am happy with one of your pre-made
> shapes.
>
> Equally interested in the inverse of words or phrases too :D

Hardy Leung

Apr 27, 2011, 7:33:25 PM4/27/11
to Tagxedo
The following was the original post (accidentally deleted; my fault).

Jemma

Apr 16, 2011, 7:21:27 AM4/16/11
to Tagxedo

Jemma

May 2, 2011, 6:34:00 AM5/2/11
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hardy - I had thought of doing something similar with PSE but just needed to check that I wasn't missing a short-cut that you'd already devised somewhere.