No pings when face down mode.

Paul Crowley

Mar 30, 2014, 12:33:30 PM3/30/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
I turn off pings when I go to bed, but then forget to turn them on again when I get up! So I'm currently hacking on TagTime so that it doesn't ping when my phone has been sitting still face down for a few minutes. Good idea?

Daniel Reeves

Mar 30, 2014, 11:00:24 PM3/30/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
I wholly approve of this, but I wonder if it's worth making this kind
of thing way more general by exposing a hook for Tasker (or other such
external programs). Then you could create any crazy Tasker criteria
you wanted (phone face down, certain hours, certain locations, when
it's dark, etc etc) and silence the pings that way. But if you want to
just add a checkbox for specific things you'd like I think that's
great too. At some point we could relegate such things to an advanced
settings section if it gets overwhelming, but no danger of that
currently.

http://dreev.es -- search://"Daniel Reeves"
Goal tracking + Commitment contracts == http://beeminder.com