issue with pings

Alok Singh

Oct 22, 2014, 7:55:09 PM10/22/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I just installed TagTime 2 days ago. According to the prompts in the command line, everything went fine and the "TagTime is watching you! Last ping would've been **h**:**s ago." prompt came up. However, I don't get any pings and no XQuartz window pops up? Can anyone help me troubleshoot or figure out the potential issue? I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.9.4 and used Terminal and XQuartz to install. I installed via the instructions on Github,

  1. Clone the repository on Github
  2. cd into your local tagtime directory
  3. Run: python install.py USERNAME
  4. Verify in settings.pl (wherever it says CHANGEME) that the install script filled in everything correctly
  5. Make sure you have X11 (on Mac) or Cygwin (on Windows) running (not an issue on Linux)
  6. Run: ./tagtimed.pl &
  7. Answer the pings! (Always answer with what it caught you at right at that moment)
Thanks in advance.

David Ernst

Oct 23, 2014, 1:46:34 AM10/23/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Are you keeping the terminal running tagtimed.pl going? Sometimes you may have to wait a good while before your first ping comes.

Alok Singh

Oct 23, 2014, 3:13:09 PM10/23/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
It's been running a while after you recommended that, and I just got this

/Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app -T 'TagTime Log Editor (fill in your RETRO pings)' -fg white -bg red -cr MidnightBlue -bc -rw -e /usr/bin/vi + /Users/alokbeniwal/TagTime/alokbeniwal.log

How do I fill in the retro pings?

Sorry about the rather basic questions, I'm just starting to learn this stuff.

Daniel Reeves

Oct 23, 2014, 3:15:56 PM10/23/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
That should be opening your tagtime log in vim for you to manually
fill in retro pings. You can change the editor that it uses by editing
your settings.pl file, aka ~/.tagtimerc
> --

http://dreev.es -- search://"Daniel Reeves"
Goal tracking + Commitment contracts == http://beeminder.com

Alok Singh

Oct 23, 2014, 7:15:55 PM10/23/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com, dre...@beeminder.com
I get a Growl notification telling me it's time to add something but no text editor pops up to put data into.

Alok Singh

Oct 23, 2014, 7:56:14 PM10/23/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com, dre...@beeminder.com
Nevermind, debugged that. It's working now! Now I just have to add beeminder to it.