TagTime Android app: pings don't wake phone/notify me

Grayson Morris

Nov 22, 2014, 1:43:14 PM11/22/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
I installed the TagTime Android app today and it's working fine, except that my phone doesn't notify me when it's ping time. The pings do log in TagTime, as "OFF," but obviously that's not very useful. :)

I'm entirely willing to believe this is my phone being stupid—a Sony Xperia SP that has been stupid in many, many ways this past year—but thought I'd ask to see if this is a problem other folks have encountered, and if there's a simple fix.

I'm not using the desktop version (yet), if that makes a difference. Android version is 4.3.

Thanks!

--Grayson

Grayson Morris

Nov 22, 2014, 1:48:43 PM11/22/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Oops! I wasn't clear enough in my first post: if the phone is already awake, I get the ping notification; I just don't get them when the screen is off.

Daniel Reeves

Nov 22, 2014, 2:10:46 PM11/22/14
to tag...@googlegroups.com
Ah, yes, this used to happen occasionally and randomly on my last
phone (nexus s) but never does on my new phone (galaxy s4). So it may
be that we can put some blame on your phone but it would be really
nice to be robust to this!
> --

http://dreev.es -- search://"Daniel Reeves"
Goal tracking + Commitment contracts == http://beeminder.com
Message has been deleted

Daniel Reeves

Apr 10, 2016, 6:23:04 PM4/10/16
to tag...@googlegroups.com, Clemens Borys
That will be super sad if TagTime isn't working on new phones! TagTime
discussion has moved to http://forum.beeminder.com/c/tagtime so it may
be worth repeating this there to see if anyone has ideas...

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Clemens Borys <clemen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On my new phone (Motorola Moto G 3rd gen) the Tag Time android app installs
> and the debug "Png Now" functions works fine, but it doesn't ping randomly
> on its own (and as opposed to the problems above, no ping events show up in
> the log).
> Tagtime notify is set to "on" on the main screen.
> Is there anything i can do to fix this? Or any information I could post to
> figure out the problem?
> I used to love the app on previous phones and used it extensively with
> beeminder.
> Thanks,
> Clemens
Quantified Self + Commitment contracts == http://beeminder.com