Re: [tagsoup-friends] Not restarting font tags?

John Cowan

Sep 17, 2012, 11:57:10 PM9/17/12
to zed, tagsoup...@googlegroups.com
zed scripsit:

> It looks like when I have font tags that contain block level elements, the
> font tag is closed before the new block level element is started and it is
> not restarted inside the new block either.

It's a bug in the definition of the font element in
src/definitions/html.tssl. Change the line

<element name='font' type='mixed'>

<element name='font' closeMode='restartable' type='mixed'>

--
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan co...@ccil.org
Uneasy lies the head that wears the Editor's hat! --Eddie Foirbeis Climo

zed

Sep 18, 2012, 3:07:11 PM9/18/12
to tagsoup...@googlegroups.com, zed, co...@mercury.ccil.org
Is there a new tagsoup version coming out soon with this fix? If not, I can always build it myself though I'd always prefer an official build from you.

Thanks for the help!

John Cowan

Sep 19, 2012, 1:09:48 PM9/19/12
to zed, tagsoup...@googlegroups.com
zed scripsit:

> Is there a new tagsoup version coming out soon with this fix? If not, I can
> always build it myself though I'd always prefer an official build from you.

It'll be a while before I can release a new version, so go ahead and
build it yourself with Ant. Be sure to use Saxon or another XSLT
processor rather than the borked version of XAlan available with Java.

--
John Cowan co...@ccil.org http://ccil.org/~cowan
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on