new version canned the Scope Bar

luis

Aug 21, 2012, 3:22:40 PM8/21/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
I upgraded today to 2.5 as I really want to upgrade to Mountain Lion... and surprise surprise the Scope Bar is not visible now anymore... and I found no way to turn it on

Without it I have to say the application is not really useful as it doesn't help me refine searches... and for that there are other alternatives... I hope this corrected soon as I RELY on tags to work and right now I am no where

anyone has this problem?

Javier Bonet

Aug 21, 2012, 3:54:54 PM8/21/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
I have a mid-2010 iMac. I upgraded to Mountain Lion and I'm running
Tags 2.5 with no problem. This upgrade (to Mountain Lion) has been
quite painless.

OS X 10.8.1 is supposed to come soon. Maybe that will solve your problem.

luis

Aug 22, 2012, 5:25:07 AM8/22/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com, jbo...@alum.mit.edu
?
...sorry but I am not understanding the answer... this is not about Mountain Lion... I am in Lion but I upgraded Tags to 2.5.

in the new Version the Scope Bar is not visible.

Are you saying that the Scope Bar is visible in Tags 2.5 in Mountain Lion ---- but not in Tags 2.5 in Lion?

Because that I don't understand i.e. there is only one release... and so it must be valid for Lion and MK

thanks

Javier Bonet

Aug 22, 2012, 11:44:46 AM8/22/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but I have been using Tags for some time and I have no idea
what the Scope Bar is.

I searched this group and the only place the word scope appears is in
your email above.

paulw

Aug 22, 2012, 12:23:38 PM8/22/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
I think Luis may mean the search bar? In my case, I can see the search bar.

luis

Aug 22, 2012, 5:29:38 PM8/22/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,
yep I mean the Scope Bar (as in the title of the post)

So... are you in ML or in Lion? (assuming you are using 2.5)

The Scope Bar was visible wit the previous version 2.2.x or so, but not anymore... (and again I am in Lion)

sorry to ask again, but to be sure: if you see it: is it in Lion?

Thanks!

luis

Aug 22, 2012, 5:44:30 PM8/22/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys but one more piece of info: I just installed Tags "fresh" in my other Mac... which is running ML --- and the Scope Bar is also not showing up....
so... I am very confused now...

I do not see any setting to show the scope bar... - how is it not showing in version 2.5?

we are talking about the same thing right? i.e when you have multiple tags in multiple files, selecting one tag on the left bar, "filters" the tags in the scope bar (above the window listing the files)

thanks!
Message has been deleted

stetner

Aug 23, 2012, 2:13:50 AM8/23/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
Just updated to 2.5 and lost it on my tag window as well.

If you open the 'Tag Browser' window then on the left select anything, on the right you get a list of items tagged.  Above that list is a 'Refine Search' bar that lists other tags fond on the items displayed and you can select them to narrow the search down. like this:

luis

Aug 23, 2012, 3:30:41 AM8/23/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stetner,
yep that is how I worked till now.. but when I select an item, there is no "Refine Search" bar... simply not there... also not when I do a new installation

thanks

Martin (Gravity)

Aug 23, 2012, 3:33:01 AM8/23/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
We are aware of the issue and working on a fix now. Hope to have it out soon. Stay tuned.

Martin

luis

Aug 23, 2012, 9:29:13 AM8/23/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
THANKS!!!

Tags User

Sep 6, 2012, 2:29:10 PM9/6/12
to tags-...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI, the "refine search" function (AKA the "scope bar" as it was called above) is back on Mountain Lion¹ since Tags version 2.5.1, which came out on 2012-08-25.

Footnotes:
¹) and presumably on Lion and Snow Leopard, too, but I don't have one of these so I can't tell for sure