Where does the transitive/intransitive buddy info come from?

Mike Morrison

May 4, 2015, 10:49:13 AM5/4/15
to tagain...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I really like the transitive/intransitive buddy verb feature. Where does the list of verb pairs for this feature come from?

Tracy Poff

May 4, 2015, 3:22:09 PM5/4/15
to tagain...@googlegroups.com
I believe that information is contained in the JMDict:

http://www.edrdg.org/jmdict/j_jmdict.html
> --
>
> ---

Mike Morrison

May 5, 2015, 9:37:53 PM5/5/15
to tagain...@googlegroups.com
I know JMDict marks verbs as vi or vt, but are there links from each entry to its buddy?

Mike Morrison

May 5, 2015, 9:51:22 PM5/5/15
to tagain...@googlegroups.com

Alexandre Courbot

May 12, 2015, 2:07:09 AM5/12/15
to tagaini-jisho
Yes, precisely. This is just a dummy heuristic, not data-backed in any
way. As such it may be imprecise or even incorrect from time to time.