Compatibilities & custom vocab

Mély G

Oct 19, 2016, 7:23:25 PM10/19/16
to Tagaini Jisho
Hi !
Since I've upgraded to Sierra, I cannot print lists anymore. Anyone having the same issue ?

And besides that, is it impossible to add our own vocabulary entries ? There are useful Japanese expressions that I would like to add to my regular vocabulary list.
Thanks a lot for your great work !
Mély

Alexandre Courbot

Oct 19, 2016, 8:39:49 PM10/19/16
to tagaini-jisho
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:43 PM, Mély G <melia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
> Since I've upgraded to Sierra, I cannot print lists anymore. Anyone having
> the same issue ?

Interesting that you can run the program at all, we got another report
that it was just crashing on this system:

https://github.com/Gnurou/tagainijisho/issues/183

This will probably be fixed in the next release, but I am getting
tired of Apple consciously breaking compatibility with every OSX
release...

> And besides that, is it impossible to add our own vocabulary entries ? There
> are useful Japanese expressions that I would like to add to my regular
> vocabulary list.

I'd like to try that feature out of the program. Reason is that the
source for Japanese vocabulary (JMdict) should be complete enough. If
there are expressions missing, you may want to add them there (they
have a form for adding new entries) so they will flow into the next
Tagaini release. Problem is of course that this takes some time to
happen.

A workaround you can use is to add a note to a related entry (for
example the main word of a kotowaza). Notes are searchable and you
will be reminded of the expression when looking at the related word. I
don't know if that would work for you though.

Just curious here, what expressions are you missing? JMdict ought to
be rather complete in that respect.

Kurt B

Oct 22, 2016, 8:41:17 AM10/22/16
to Tagaini Jisho
I run Sierra and the program works great. No problems printing.

Awesome program, btw. Thanks so much to the developer.

Alexandre Courbot

Oct 24, 2016, 7:53:20 PM10/24/16
to tagaini-jisho
On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Kurt B <kur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I run Sierra and the program works great. No problems printing.

Mmm, that's strange. 3 different reports on Sierra with varying levels
of usability... Very confusing. Was it a fresh installation or was
Tagaini already installed when you upgraded?