calling Buglog on it's own

dbo...@g2u.com

Sep 16, 2016, 2:35:54 PM9/16/16
to Taffy Users
I would like to log some info via buglog. How can I do that if I don't throw an error?

THanks.

Adam Tuttle

Sep 16, 2016, 2:55:48 PM9/16/16
to Taffy Users
Can you give an example of what you'd like to log?

Adam

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 2:35 PM, <dbo...@g2u.com> wrote:
I would like to log some info via buglog. How can I do that if I don't throw an error?

THanks.

Derek Bowes - Games2U

Sep 16, 2016, 2:57:11 PM9/16/16
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
the json data I am getting from a remote api.

Adam Tuttle

Sep 16, 2016, 3:09:56 PM9/16/16
to Taffy Users
Personally I would advise against logging this to buglog because it dilutes what Buglog is good for: exceptions.

If you use Slack it's really easy to set something up to post in there via webhooks. I have some apps that do stuff like that all the time: slack.post('#ops', 'whatever I want' );

But if you insist on posting it to buglog, it's possible.

It's not the cleanest way to do it but it sounds like this is only temporary anyway:

<cfset var svc = "bugLog.client.bugLogService" />
<cfset variables.blhq = createObject("component", svc) />
<cfset variables.blhq.init(
argumentCollection=application._taffy.settings.exceptionLogAdapterConfig
) />

<cfset variables.blhq.notifyService(message, arguments.exception) />

There are additional arguments available if you look at the signature for notifyService in bugloghq: https://github.com/oarevalo/BugLogHQ/blob/master/client/bugLogService.cfc#L142

In particular you'll probably be interested in ExtraInfo.

Adam

Derek Bowes - Games2U

Sep 16, 2016, 3:13:58 PM9/16/16
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
ahh ok, I thought there would some different way since taffy already has the info. Buglog isn't just about exceptions tho, I use it for various logging situations. The checkpoints feature is awesome.