SSL Certificate Validation Error

Marek Gaffke

Jun 19, 2012, 9:03:04 AM6/19/12
to TacitDynamics
Hi there,

encryption is must have to protect my credentials.

I use my own installation of owncloud version 4 and foldersync is my
favourite app to push my pictures and videos taken on my android phone
to my pprivate cloud.

Now that i made my cloud webserver using a trusted certificate i
activated the ssl conenction in foldersync, which leads to the
following error:

java.security.cert CertPathValidatorException: trust anchor for
certification path not found.

FYI - other apps like WebDAV navigator are working flawlessly with
ssl.

Ideas?

mga

Support User

Jun 19, 2012, 11:15:48 AM6/19/12
to tacitd...@googlegroups.com
Have you enabled self-signed certificates on account screen?

Best regards
Anders Carlsen
Software Developer

If you like our apps, please give them a 5-star rating. Thanks. :-)

Tacit Dynamics

Support User

Jun 19, 2012, 12:54:36 PM6/19/12
to tacitd...@googlegroups.com
Even though your server might not be self-signed, for it to work on normal conditions, to issuer of the certificate you are using, must have a root certificate known by Android. But this is really things I know very little about to be honest.

Marek Gaffke

Jun 21, 2012, 12:40:16 PM6/21/12
to tacitd...@googlegroups.com
HI,

problem is solved. I can now connect without the option selfsigned enabled. There was a configuration error in the apache webserver, and so the certificate chain was not complete.

Works now like a charm.
Message has been deleted