Sync to external: SSH OK but FTP gives error EACCES

Chris Hayes

Jul 22, 2015, 9:23:51 AM7/22/15
to TacitDynamics

I can sync using SSH to external card
I can sync using FTP to internal
But same sync using same FTP account to external card gives:

     File transfe failed '[file name]':[file path] - open failed EACCES (permission denied)

file name and path the are source file details

Googling this gives a whole bunch of programming-level permissions  issues, so is this something that needs to be addressed in the FTP code, or can I do something as a user to make it work?

Chris Hayes

Jul 22, 2015, 9:28:47 AM7/22/15
to TacitDynamics
^ I add of course this is a Galaxy S5  - Lollipop, FolderSync 2.7.9.91