Re: [tacfug] Abridged summary of tacfug@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Samuel Adams

Apr 9, 2019, 7:47:52 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
One topic was IDE's. many said they liked VS Code. What CF extensions do you use?

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:13 PM <tac...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Dan Pendergrass <d...@vairkko.com>: Apr 08 08:57AM -0400

Sorry guys, I was planning to be there but my whole family got the flu for
the first time ever. We were totally unprepared for that debacle. Let's get
together in a couple of weeks so maybe you an ...more

Jim Priest

Apr 9, 2019, 8:27:00 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com

Dan Pendergrass

Apr 9, 2019, 9:00:49 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Sublime Text 3 and not looking for a new IDE. Screenshots and reviews proove that they are very similar in form, and I'm not sure what would convinvce me to switch.

--
Upcoming events: http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Area-ColdFusion-Users-Group/
Follow us on Twitter: @tacfug

Jim Priest

Apr 9, 2019, 9:14:58 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
I've been using Sublime since it came out and I finally switched. Main things for me was integrated source control (Git) and a built in terminal.

I'm in a terminal all the time and having it right there in my IDE is a huge bonus for me.

Dan Pendergrass

Apr 9, 2019, 9:59:38 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
You know, Sublime just released version 3.2, and it has great Git control - atl least it appears to, from what the changelog says. Be that as it may, we don't use Git, so I have no need for that.

Chad Stinner

Jim Priest

Apr 9, 2019, 10:55:08 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
Did Adobe mention supporting other IDEs in their preso?

I think that would be a trainwreck as well because the Adobe plugin wouldn't support Lucee.   Adobe should just toss some $ and resources toward the current plugin developers but that will never happen.

Jim

Matthew Williams

Apr 9, 2019, 11:05:19 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
Essentially... not a single person in the room supported moving to builder, and the Adobe team asked if their time would be better spent making plugins for other IDE's instead.  The consensus was yes to that.  If that actually happens?  Who knows.

--
Upcoming events: http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Area-ColdFusion-Users-Group/
Follow us on Twitter: @tacfug
---

Jim Priest

Apr 9, 2019, 11:25:23 AM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
Having Adobe make anything these days makes me cringe a bit. LOL

If Adobe were really smart they'd fork Lucee - add their shiny bits to it and sell it similar to the CentOs/RedHat relationship.

Jim

Matthew Williams

Apr 9, 2019, 12:39:36 PM4/9/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
Hey now, I like my Lucee just the way she is, free ;).  The new admin memory monitor in the snapshot I'm at is rather handy.  And the fact they finally fixed the whole "we kill your collection every time you restart the services" bug that's been plaguing me this last year.